Forum > Washer Repair

ETiFTTXKT02 agitator dog seal

(1/2) > >>

akeyma:
Machine wouldn't spin looked under it and thought it was a broken belt "ha ha newby"
Found instructions disassembled and found out motor coupong was busted "damn good"
I believe what I thought was a broken belt was the seal that comes in the agitator dog kit just kinda hanging there.
Should I worry about that too or just put in a new motor coupling?  If I have to go further where do I get instructions for the agitator dog parts?

AJ:

--- Quote ---I believe what I thought was a broken belt was the seal that comes in the agitator dog kit just kinda hanging there.

--- End quote ---

If you found it under the washer it is not the seal that comes in the agitator dog kit.

Could you post a photo of it?

--- Quote ---Should I worry about that too or just put in a new motor coupling?
--- End quote ---

Put the new coupling on and give it a try.

--- Quote ---ultimate care II
--- End quote ---

Not a model number. The model number can be found on the model/serial number tag under your washer lid.

Could you look for the model number and then post it here, thanks.

akeyma:
Just talke to a local guy & she said that the foam ring is just to dampen sound.  He compared to the rings they use when they turn brake drums & said it isn't a seal and won't bother anything unless I want to sleep in the laundry room.  Garage maybe laundry room no.

akeyma:
Typo: he'll want to try to kick my ass if he sees that she shit

JWWebster:
What you found was a vibration dampener. Many folks actually brought it in to my shop to get a replacement because they found it under the washer. Even though the thing was flimsy rubber with corners they still thought it was some sort of belt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version