Author Topic: FRIGIDAIRE front load washer wil agitate but will not go into a final spin  (Read 6087 times)

Offline sjcjmc

• VIP Member
MY washer is about 1.5 years old. It worked fine until last night when it didn't spin out the wash. I tried putting it on the spin cycle again and it just tumbled one way 2-3 times, then the other and stopped - i heard a metalic bearing type sound. this morning i tried again and it would agitate in the final spin cycle like it was in the wash cycle. I did remove some of the clothes from the washer but that did not help. any suggestions are appreciated!

Model HWT647GHS0

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
It usually dont spin for a few reasons but if you hear a metallic bearing sound it may be the rear bearings. To check remove the back panel and take the belt off turn the fly wheel by hand it should feel smooth with very little noise if you feel vibrations or hear grinding the bearings are probably shot.

Offline sjcjmc

• VIP Member
I forgot to mention there wasn't any metallic sounds this morning - it just wont go into the spin cycle

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
Check and see if your pump is drainig the tub properly they wont spin if there is water in the outer tub.(most common reason)

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Make sure no water is standing on the bottom of the washer, it won't spin until the water is removed. Damn sensors pick up water and think the drain is backed, up so it won't spin or pump till the water on the base of the washer is gone.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline sjcjmc

• VIP Member
i just siphoned out all the water in the tub and plugged it back up and ran it from final spin and at the end of the cycle there was still water in the tub up to about the door level.  i checked the piping before i did this and i felt no blockages.  is the water pump dead at this point?

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
Usually its just blockage in the pump just remove it and you'll probably find something jammed in it. These pumps have magnetic impellers and can stop if anything gets caught in them.

Offline Penguin45

• VIP Member
    • www.ukwhitegoods.com
Metallic noise = coin in pump. Probably.

Penguin45.

Kenmore Frigidaire front load washer - No Spin

Started by jpn43

Replies: 8
Views: 6150
Last post September 01, 2009, 08:52:36 AM
by JWWebster
Frigidaire front load washer wont spin cycle

Started by Scott7m

Replies: 10
Views: 5979
Last post May 17, 2010, 07:58:24 AM
by Repair-man
Frigidaire Front Load Washer Will Not Spin

Started by KevinS

Replies: 6
Views: 7224
Last post March 30, 2011, 06:00:57 PM
by krazytech
Frigidaire Front Load Washer FTF2140ES0 Does Not Spin

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 2174
Last post December 24, 2011, 12:48:59 PM
by AJ
Frigidaire front load washer does not spin

Started by avi

Replies: 4
Views: 1147
Last post August 16, 2012, 09:55:18 AM
by avi
Frigidaire Front Load washer making noise.

Started by curtis

Replies: 3
Views: 7491
Last post July 05, 2007, 09:25:04 PM
by AJ