Author Topic: LG Dishwasher with LE error code  (Read 93630 times)

Offline bigbuck

• Technician
  • over 30 years repairing appliance
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: LG Dishwasher with LE error code
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2012, 09:08:25 PM »
 O0 glad we could help., our service charge is 89.00, so 1.05 is great

Offline ApplianceGuru

• Technician
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2012, 10:58:58 PM »
If you fix the broken wire, make sure you also fix the root of the problem.  It looks like LG started adding a thick sheet of clear plastic at first, and now the newer models ship with tar that has some type of fabric attached to it  This prevents the wires from sinking into the tar, and absorbing so much heat that they end up melting/breaking apart.  (I assume. I don't have any official comments from LG)

Some techs have been known to throw a large piece of thick plastic between the wires and the tar.  I bet fiberglass insulation would do the trick also, as long it doesn't have any ignitable paper on it.
Appliance Heating & Air Tech

Offline lgisjunk

• VIP Member
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2012, 11:09:03 AM »
We just bought our LG dishwasher (fridge and gas range) 1 1/2 years ago and we've had problems with all. Unfortunately we only got extended warranty on range and fridge and now we are having issues with the dishwasher-again. The dishwasher (model #LDF7920ST) is now displaying the LE error. Would it be the motor already??? I ready an earlier post that said that we have a 2 year warranty but I phone LG already and they said that we only had a 1 year warranty (we're Canadian, if that makes a difference). If we were to DIY, where do we go first... pull dishwasher out of cabinet, open up back?? look at loose wires?

Offline bigbuck

• Technician
  • over 30 years repairing appliance
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2012, 01:09:31 PM »
Pls. Start a new topic, this one is complete.

Thank you

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Offline Matermax

• VIP Member
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2012, 03:58:04 PM »
I also removed the front panel and found a broken grey wire (completely severed) I also found another grey wire with a dimple in it, when I pulled on it the plastic coating was the only thing holding it together. I spliced both and the dishwasher works fine. The wire that was only held by the coating was a live wire, be sure to turn off power.

Offline loeppd1

• VIP Member
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »
Hey guys first post

Have the dreaded LE error.  read through all the posts. not cut wires so assuming its the sump motor.  all threads ive read say to replace the "sump assembly" but the motor can be purchased separately (part of the assembly).  is it that difficult to simply replace the sump motor by itself? anyone have any instruction?

thanks for your help

Offline loeppd1

• VIP Member
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2012, 08:21:06 AM »
Update: pulled apart the sump assemble down to the slicer/cutter.....no obstruction.  Turned the motor by hand and had one rough spot not seized but a noticable drag at that point the roatation.  took off the pully and then tightened it back down, put everthing back together and started it up.  Ran a full cycle with no LE code but can definitely hear the motor whining.  Good think I ordered the sump motor.  Looks like i will just replace it anyway before I put everything back in place.  Will update again after install.

Offline nolling43

• Technician
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2012, 10:13:10 PM »
L.G. HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE "TAR-LIKE" SOUND INSULATION DETERIORATING THE COPPER INSIDE THE WIRE SHEATH. BE SURE TO CHECK ALL THE WIRES STUCK IN THAT STUFF. ALSO, PUT SOME PLASTIC WRAP OR SOMETHING TO KEEP THE WIRES OUT OF THAT STUFF ! ! ! !

Offline volunteer

• VIP Member
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2012, 01:10:27 PM »
Add me to the broken BLUE wire club, unbelievable....it did look burnt.  I insulated the tar from the wires, hopefully won't happen again.

Machine running fine after soldering the two ends together....no more LE code.

A thousand THANK YOUS to you guys, this would have been the last place I would have looked!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 01:12:08 PM by volunteer »

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair Help
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2012, 01:23:35 PM »
Awesome! Thanks for posting...
Hope you find our site helpful.

Offline bckelley

• VIP Member
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2012, 05:28:01 PM »
I have a 4 year old LG LDF6810 and I've read through all of these postings but didn't find any that stated how long the dishwasher ran before getting the LE code.  I've gone 30 to 40 minutes before it stops and displays the LE code.  Should it run so long before stopping?  I run a 14 minute rinse cycle without problem.

I took off the door panel and didn't see any obvious breaks/opens in the wiring but I should take another thorough look because of the large percentage of posts seem to find that to be the ultimate problem.  But I'm hoping someone will tell me that it's not the motor if it runs 30 to 40 minutes before failing.  Could the long duration into the cycle mean it's a build up of heat causing the problem?

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2012, 11:33:54 AM »
Replace the SUMP ASSY...

An "LE" error can occur at any time during the *wash cycle*.

All LDF6810 LG dishwashers have the failure-prone WASH MOTOR.

Offline apetree4

• VIP Member
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2012, 10:46:08 PM »
OK I have the same problem with the LE code on my LDS5811ST Dishwasher.  I took the pump apart from the inside and found a hard plastic baby bottle straw that could have been preventing the blade from turning.  I cleaned it out and it turns freely now by hand.  I took it apart from the bottom and saw that there was some of the soap tablet stuck in the drainage pump.  I also took the door apart, noticed two wires that had a clean cut in the plastic but did not cut the wire.  I taped that up. 
I put it all together again and after about a 90% cycle, there is the damn code again.  Could it still be the pump even though it runs during most of the cycle?  It will drain in the rinse cycle as well.  Or, is it a problem with a computer...... 

Please help..... :(

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2012, 12:04:59 AM »
Replace the SUMP ASSY (AJH31248604)

All 5811 dishwashers have the older Sump Assy (unless it was replaced after 2008).

Offline MochaMike

• VIP Member
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2013, 03:12:06 PM »
BTT...

Hey guys,
I got the LE error code recently & have a few questions.  (LDF6810ST)
This is the 2nd time, the first was a few years ago & I found this thread most helpful.
I fixed the wires that time & it worked.

However, this time wires were fine, so I assumed it was the motor (the one that has the blade &  plastic impeller on it).  I've swapped that out, but I'm still getting the LE error.
I've double checked the wiring (spent an hour today checking each one),  so I'm 99% wiring is fine.

However, the largest gasket (with all the bends) was torn up/broken in a few spots.

I'm going to order one this week, but I was wondering if anyone knows if a bad gasket could be the sole cause for the error?

I've seen a few threads where people have said it's the sump motor or Recirculation pump... Like above.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:13:49 PM by MochaMike »

LG Dishwasher with LE error code

Started by xj-boonie

Replies: 8
Views: 4486
Last post December 17, 2009, 03:39:59 PM
by JWWebster
LG Dishwasher with LE error code

Started by LG5811

Replies: 2
Views: 1577
Last post May 02, 2010, 07:52:01 AM