Author Topic: LG Dishwasher with LE error code  (Read 109172 times)

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Re: LG Dishwasher with LE error code
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2011, 03:39:48 PM »
I'm new to this forum. But the info is excellent.  I have the same LE code issue. Still trouble shooting it though.
After reading I was convinced it must be a wire.  And I peeled the wires out of the black tar/insulation,
but all "look" clean for a 4 year old machine. My question is really a verification that the replacement part,
if necessary, is the motor assembly.

when disassembling down to the grinder I noticed the black gaskets will not reseal.  Does anyone have a part no.

cheers

Hi,

Please start a new topic and include your model number, if you feel this topic is related to your problem simply provide a link to it in your new topic.

thanks,

Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline Yang1815

• VIP Member
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2011, 09:18:17 PM »
Wow lots of information on this site.  Thought I would update with my dishwasher.

This morning I saw the LE code.  After reading this thread, I opened the front and checked for wiring, can't find any loose/broken ones.  I put it back and decided to start it up and see what happens.  My dishwasher starts up with draining whatever's in there, then it sprays.  However, when the motor is supposed to start, it is stuck.  I then disassembled the filter assembly and cleaned it up a little.  However, when I try to manually turn the motor, I can't get it past a point with my fingers.  If I use a pair of pliers, it goes through but then would just get stuck on the next revolution.  I placed an order for a new motor from the link in this thread, as well as a gasket since one of them doesn't reseal.  Should get them on Wednesday and I will report back on what happens.

Offline Yang1815

• VIP Member
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2011, 03:43:34 PM »
Wow lots of information on this site.  Thought I would update with my dishwasher.

This morning I saw the LE code.  After reading this thread, I opened the front and checked for wiring, can't find any loose/broken ones.  I put it back and decided to start it up and see what happens.  My dishwasher starts up with draining whatever's in there, then it sprays.  However, when the motor is supposed to start, it is stuck.  I then disassembled the filter assembly and cleaned it up a little.  However, when I try to manually turn the motor, I can't get it past a point with my fingers.  If I use a pair of pliers, it goes through but then would just get stuck on the next revolution.  I placed an order for a new motor from the link in this thread, as well as a gasket since one of them doesn't reseal.  Should get them on Wednesday and I will report back on what happens.

Okay guys.  Got the motor and gasket this morning.  Disconnected the water line and the drain line, took out the dish washer, disassembled the filter assembly, tilted it forward, some water came out, took off the bottom plate held by two screws, disconnected three ground wires, took off the four screws that held the motor, took off the motor and disconnected the harness, put the new motor in, put the filter assembly back in, put the dishwasher back in, connected the water and drain lines, and it starts right up.

It really is very simple.  Good luck to anyone in the future with the LE code!

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2011, 03:59:51 PM »
Glad it all worked out for you.
Thanks for the feedback and update.  O0
Hope you find our website helpful.

Offline Yang1815

• VIP Member
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2011, 04:30:12 PM »
Glad it all worked out for you.
Thanks for the feedback and update.  O0

Thanks and you're welcome!  Glad to contribute.  Since all my appliances are LG...  I will probably have to come back quite often haha...

Offline MikeSwing

• VIP Member
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2011, 12:59:12 PM »
Hi guys. I've had my LG Dishwasher since 2007 and I have to say that I love it and its been pretty problem free until now. I was getting the 'LE' code so I did a google search and found my way here. I read this entire thread to find out what was wrong and it was the BLACK wire behind the front door. It somehow got cut. I tried connecting it without turning off the power to the dishwasher and got shocked so remember to turn the power off if you're going to try this at home. I turned off the power, spliced the wires a bit more, soldered the connection back together, taped it up with electrical tape, and then it was back to normal. I did notice that the insulation on the inside of the door had a small burn mark and it looks like it was in the same spot as where the BLACK wire got cut. Since it shocked me, it only makes sense that this is a LG design error. They should do a recall if its happened to most of us. Thanks again to everyone who posted in this thread. Saved me money and time.  O0

Offline TIDE-HSV

• VIP Member
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2011, 02:18:26 PM »
I have the LE problem with a different twist.  I pulled off the front door to check for the wiring problem many have had and couldn't find a break.  However, there was evidence that water had been entering the door along the left side.  Poking around, I found that the bottom gasket was twisted on the right side, allowing water in.  It appeared that the water had reached coil at top left.  However, the coil tests for continuity.  Of course, I want to investigate all possibilities before replacing the motor.  Has anyone replaced that gasket?  Just how to reach it isn't immediately obvious.  One irony is that there's a sizable LG plant here in Huntsville, AL, and my wife is friends with the wife of the plant manager, not that it will help.  They really just manufacture electronics here.  I once tried to buy an Onan generator from the plant here and was told that it would have to be shipped 100 miles south to Birmingham and I could pick it up there...   ???

Offline TIDE-HSV

• VIP Member
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2011, 04:01:40 PM »
Learned a bit more since my initial post.  There does appear to be moisture in the door, but it may be from the air vent connected to the vent fan.  After disassembling the filter  down to the pulley attached to the rotor shaft, it appears to be immovable.  Since the wires appear intact, it may be the motor itself...

Offline TIDE-HSV

• VIP Member
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2011, 04:47:03 PM »
Yep, motor shaft frozen...

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2011, 04:57:57 PM »
Yep, motor shaft frozen...

Nice find, thanks for the update.  O0