Author Topic: KitchenAid Rerigerator Ice Maker Problems  (Read 6095 times)

Offline sneakers

• VIP Member
KitchenAid Rerigerator Ice Maker Problems
« on: January 26, 2009, 11:12:45 PM »
While I was on vacation a few weeks ago I shut the water off in my home just in case the pipes decided to freeze. When I returned I noticed that even after I turned the water back on (in my house) my ice maker would not eject the ice it had in the tray. I was able to get it to do this once but that's it. For now all that is happening is it is making a creaking noise. I pulled the cover off the front on the ice maker to find that the front gear attached to the motor is just moving a little bit in no particular direction.

My questions are did I burn out something by shutting the water of, like the mold warmers or is the motor shot? Also leading up to this point the ice maker for years would make that creaking noise is that normal?

Any feedback would be a appreciated.

Thanks!

Model Number: KSRPTEQDW icon

Offline Whirlpool®

• VIP Member
    • Whirlpool.com
Re: KitchenAid Rerigerator Ice Maker Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 06:59:10 AM »
Hi,

KSRPTEQDW is not a correct model number. Please take another look and post the correct model number.

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 07:50:55 AM »
Whenever you turn off the water to a residence, it is a good idea to also raise the arm on the icemaker up or otherwise turn it off. Reason being, even with no water pressure, the icemaker still goes thru the motions of making ice. Not only is this hard on the icemaker, but allows residual pressure in the water lines (turned off) to jam the ice mold.

My suggestion is to remove the icemaker and  rinse the  mold under hot running water, then blow it dry and re-install. If it goes on about its business, no harm done. If it persists in being a drudge, use part # D7824706Q to replace the ice maker body

Ice Maker Assembly Part # D7824706Q

"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline Kayakcrzy

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 01:05:17 PM »
While I was on vacation a few weeks ago I shut the water off in my home just in case the pipes decided to freeze. When I returned I noticed that even after I turned the water back on (in my house) my ice maker would not eject the ice it had in the tray. I was able to get it to do this once but that's it. For now all that is happening is it is making a creaking noise. I pulled the cover off the front on the ice maker to find that the front gear attached to the motor is just moving a little bit in no particular direction.

My questions are did I burn out something by shutting the water of, like the mold warmers or is the motor shot? Also leading up to this point the ice maker for years would make that creaking noise is that normal?

Any feedback would be a appreciated.

Thanks!

It sounds like the mold heater is bad. You would be best off replacing the icemaker itself.  You most likely also have a weak motor. So that is why I am not telling to just replace the mold or the motor module.  In the case, replacing the icemaker would be your best choice.    Tom

Offline sneakers

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 01:17:00 PM »
Thank you all for your feedback. I appreaciate your input and the ideas you have given me for trouble-shooting.

Thanks again!

Kenmore 106.52552100 ice maker problems

Started by philhyde

Replies: 8
Views: 11117
Last post August 16, 2007, 07:33:28 AM
by philhyde
Kenmore SxS Model 106.56563400 Ice Maker Problems

Started by Kman

Replies: 4
Views: 7438
Last post September 07, 2007, 12:45:10 PM
by Pegi
Kenmore side-by-side fridge having several different ice maker problems...

Started by jade7597

Replies: 2
Views: 2700
Last post August 20, 2010, 10:26:11 PM
by tgoods
Whirlpool ice maker problems

Started by phoenix79

Replies: 16
Views: 13202
Last post September 26, 2010, 01:02:30 PM
by iliiinieis
KitchenAid KSCS25INWH00 - replacing ice maker feed tube