Author Topic: Removing main top on whirlpool gas range with sealed burners  (Read 8730 times)

Offline Vornato

• VIP Member
I am trying to lift a main top from a Whirlpool ignitor/gas range with sealed burners, for servicing. Bad ignitor.  Model number SF360BEEW0.  I can get the front of the lid up, but the back  I cannot lift, it seems it is stuck.  I checked the job aid and it says to lift to right and left on front to remove top from front clips, that work's.  But it says to prop it up, that doesn't work. The top will only go up about two inches in the front.  It also says to remove the Sealed burners from the top.  Then to remove the main top push right or left to loosen top from hinges, in the rear of machine, but I can't get sealed burners out, because the screws are rusted.  Is there a latch or some type of clip holding the back from lifting.  The range is about 20 years old.   Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Model Number: SF360BEEW0 icon
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 04:24:41 AM by Vornato »

Offline apptech

• Technician
Re: Removing main top on whirlpool gas range with sealed burners
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 07:17:47 AM »
Hi

It also says to remove the Sealed burners from the top.  Then to remove the main top push right or left to loosen top from hinges, in the rear of machine, but I can't get sealed burners out, because the screws are rusted.

I know what you mean about the screws. They are small and rust out.

Is there a latch or some type of clip holding the back from lifting.

Nope, just the burners are keeping you from lifting the top.

You may not need to lift the top though. If you can get just the one burner removed that has the bad ignitor then you will be able to replace the ignitor for that burner.

Maybe another tech knows a trick that I don't, but I always thought these types of sealed burners were a pain. Burner screws are way to small and if they are not rusty the heads twist off of them anyway when you try to take them apart.

Whirlpool Range - Top Burner Not Working

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 4060
Last post December 28, 2007, 12:21:08 AM
by AJ
Whirlpool Electric Range - Bake Cycle Not Working

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 3651
Last post January 01, 2008, 03:44:30 PM
by AJ