Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 1403 times)

Offline sparky823

• VIP Member
Help Please
« on: January 20, 2009, 12:14:17 AM »
Can you please give me an opinion on a dishwasher?
I have thought about getting a Bosch because the filter would catch all the gunk--I guess it would. Having trouble with Kenmore leaving gunk on dishes.

Also thought about a Maytag since they have 1/3 hp motor thinking it might provide more water pressure and better washing, although does the hp have anything to do with that. No certain model # on these just not bottom line.

Also a Frigidaire top end model because it has such a great price but something like a 1/12 hp motor so it might not clean(?) which I know they alternate spray arm operation and I don't know if this would be good or bad. Model# GLD4355

Any help you can give I would greatly appreciate.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Help Please
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 12:28:23 AM »
GE is best
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 03:33:00 PM »
GE is best

ROFL, JW said GE  :2funny:

I notice you don't have a whirlpool in your list, any reason?

I would buy a whirlpool dishwasher myself, but that's just me. :)

Offline sparky823

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 05:40:44 PM »
Well what I have is Wpool made. I have already had to replace the vent in the door because of the wax motor. The rinse aid dispenser doesn't work anymore, well it would if you could keep the stuff in it. If you fill it, either a little or full it leaks down the inside of the door into the tub and in 3-4 days the light is on again and it is empty. My racks warranty was 5 years and in 3 years they were rusting all along the bottom(underside-if you flip down the tines you see this). I called about that and Sears said I would have to pay a tech to come out and tell me they were rusting before they would do anything about it. I didn't feel like I should have to pay Sears for that, but that is just me. Now I have had all this cleaning problem, leaving gunk on them which I find out is rather common for these with a "chopper" although mine(chopper) was clean. Then I read where TechBrian did a review of the new Wpool dishwashers. They seem really nice but he says the run time for Normal is around 4 hrs and Pots/Pans with heat op. is 8 hrs.
My dishwasher was $869.99 but I got it for $719.99 and I feel it should have lasted better than this, although I know th enew stuff is nothing like years ago plus the present day ones are probably even less than what I have.
I really thought my problem started from using Cascade Gel but not sure if that was it or not.
Thanks for your help.

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 07:06:09 PM »
I am on my 2nd Maytag in 20 years & my wife won't have anything else. Also I haven't touched either machine in all of those years. The first had a power surge destroy the electronic control & motor, thus a new one. Had this for 9 years & Love the way it cleans & washes. No repairs yet, & was a Maytag servicer for 25 years so I may be a bit prejudice.The new won't last like the old ones, but none of them will.