Author Topic: Request for service manual? Please if you have it  (Read 2090 times)

Offline mdm6713

• VIP Member
Request for service manual? Please if you have it
« on: January 13, 2009, 01:01:26 PM »
Hello, I have some simlar posts for the similar model but mine is the one without the digital controls. If anyone has it available I would be upmost gratefull. Please provide link or PM whatever ;o)  Im trying to troubleshoot my Fridge now.  Take care
Michael

Model GSS25VFPA

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Request for service manual? Please if you have it
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 02:43:35 PM »
What are the symptoms with it?
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 03:48:33 PM »
Try this manual:

GE S/S
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline mdm6713

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 09:10:24 AM »
Thank you dearly for that..but thats the same model I saw already...WITH the electronic controls, my build is identical, without the electronic controls. This manual keeps refering you back to the digital readout...which of course I cant do...do you possibly have this manual without the digital part? I have just the 2 dials...thanks for posting, I do appreciate the effort

Michael

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 11:02:33 AM »
Any of us can help you diagnose the fridge...it's what we do best. How about presenting the problem instead?
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 07:16:44 PM »
Well heck ifn you ain't got lectronics then it should be pretty much cut and dry to diagnose.  What seems ta be the major malfunction amigo?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline jumptrout51

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 07:25:21 PM »
This is the same guy on another post that seems to have a sealed system leak that JW will walk him through.
Take a Kid fishing.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 08:09:30 PM »
I made a page on my astounding internet award winning site. Now it pertains basically to repairing a freon leak on just about any sealed system. Brought down to earth for the layman:

Repairing a small dorm refrigerator

The small refrigerator got full of frost and ice in the freezer. You said to yourself their is one more hot pocket in that ice box I just know it. But I can't get to it. So what did you do? You took an ice pick to that sucker to defrost it and suddenly you hear a Hisssssss, OOPz! Is it ruined or can it be fixed? Yep it can be fixed easily. To start you must clean the ice box up real good around the hole. Buy a 2 part epoxy kit and follow the directions. Let the patch cure for at least 24 hours(place a shielded 100 watt light bulb in there to help dry the patch if you like). Next you will need to tap into the sealed system. Get an A-1 line tap and attach it to the low side line. The low side line will be the one that does NOT lead out to the cooling fins on back of the ice box. Here is the tricky part, the sealed system must be free of any air at all or the freon will make ice crystals and block the flow. It is ideal to remove the air with a vacuum pump. You need gauges to do it right. The gauges will have 3 hoses. Blue(low side)red(high side)yellow(freon). Put your blue hose on the A-1 tap, connect your freon to the yellow hose, and put the red hose on the vacuum pump. Open all the valves on the gauges and turn on the vacuum pump.(Leave the freon closed). After 30 minutes close all valves and shut down vacuum pump. If the vacuum holds, open the freon can and crack open the blue hose, let the freon go in slowly till it equalizes. Bubble test for leaks at the patch. Plug in the ice box and watch the guage drop. The needle on the blue gauge should be close to 5 PSI for a correct charge (over charging will choke down the compressor,not good). Remember the ice box only holds 4 ounces! That is one third of a 12 ounce can. Weigh it in if you want to be exact. Check for leaks. If all goes well it will be good as new.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

hot point refrigerator model hss25gftgcc service manual request

Started by gregaguilar

Replies: 0
Views: 168
Last post December 29, 2013, 12:38:22 AM
by gregaguilar
5995436457 Frigidaire Ice Maker Service Manual

Started by apptech

Views: 1851
Last post March 17, 2008, 06:36:32 PM
by apptech
LG Side by Side Refrigerator Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Views: 4378
Last post May 02, 2008, 12:41:41 PM
by AJ
16010154 Maytag Refrigerator Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Views: 2423
Last post May 16, 2008, 07:56:32 PM
by AJ
LG French Door Refrigerator LRF** Service Repair Manual

Started by AJ

Views: 7117
Last post July 07, 2008, 09:42:35 PM
by AJ
R-107 2008 Double Drawer Whirlpool Refrigerator / Freezer Under Counter Service Manual

Started by AJ

Views: 1211
Last post August 20, 2009, 12:55:32 PM
by AJ