Author Topic: Kenmore Washer Series 90  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Bluetheron

• VIP Member
Kenmore Washer Series 90
« on: January 12, 2009, 12:24:04 PM »
Hey guys,

I have a similar problem with the same washer but it doesn't spin all the time. It agitates fills and drains with no problem but when it trys to spin the basket tries to move but can't. I have tried to givie it a shove and after helping the basket start to move it will spin up eventually. I tried to wash two or three towels with the lid open and the switch defeated and it washed everything just fine but with a heavier load it didn't want to spin again without a helping hand. I looked for others with this problem and found your site. ( Awesome BTW ) Thinking the clutch or the spin pawl might be the casue I opened the washer up. After opening the unit I found two of the large tranny bolts on the ground anf the third neatly snapped off in the standoff. Before I started the baby up ( after visiting sears for a bolt out and a new bolt ) I wanted to run this by you guys and see if the experts think this is my only problem. Well, besides having a mother-in-law who likes to jam all of her cloths and a rug in the washer at the same time to not waste energy.

Model 110.24932202

Offline Al Capone

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • ApplianceJunk.com
Re: Kenmore Washer Series 90
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »
Hi,

I split your post off into a new topic.

Please be sure to read, Posting Basics - Starting a New Topic

Please do not ask your own question in a topic.
In other words, please don't hijack the topic and make it yours.
Start your own topic and reference the other topic related to your issue.

Do you have the exact same model number (110.24932202) as the one in the first topic you replied too?

If it's a different model number please let us know so I can updated this topic with the correct information.

Thanks,
RepairClinic.com - Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy!

AppliancePartsPros.com - Over 1 Million Appliance Parts In-Stock. 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!

Offline Bluetheron

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 12:44:46 PM »
Mea culpa. Sorry guys, didn't mean to hi-jack the original thread. Yep it is the same exact modle number 110.23932202.

Also forgot to mention I found a small amount of oil on the ground. Just enough to turn a small 2"x3" area of tile brown.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 07:54:49 PM »
Have you ruled out a broken coupling?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Bluetheron

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 02:17:36 PM »
yep. I checked the coupling this morning and it looks ok. I drilled out the remains of the broken bolt before I had to pick the kiddies up and go to work. Everything seems to be in working order but is there anyting else I should check before I plug in?

Offline Mr. Fix-It

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 02:24:16 PM »
Plug it in and try it if the spin is still weak you probably need a new clutch. The falling out tranny bolts is a weird situation though must be some bad vibrations.

Offline Bluetheron

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 09:14:08 PM »
Yeah like I said my mother in law likes to overload the thing and let it go. Before Christmas she washed all of the soft throw rugs and let the washer hop around until it shut itself off. I'm guessing thats where all of the bolts came from. I'm getting back at her by leaving the dissassembled washer in the middle of the kitchen while I sorted this mess out.  ;)

Offline Bluetheron

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 08:55:04 PM »
Update- I cleaned the oil off everything tightened the tranny with a brand new bolt put it back together plugged it in and were back in working order. Lucky me it was just a $.50 bolt. Thanks guys.

Offline laundryman

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 10:08:26 PM »
good that its working, but for how long is the question. with the oil on the ground your top tranny seal is prob on its way out and its leaking on to the clutch.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 11:50:36 AM »
I was thinking that same thing too laundry man. I have opened up these trannys(in this type of condition) and found them full of water.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Kenmore 80 Series Washer

Started by shawnrconnelly

Replies: 5
Views: 4019
Last post October 25, 2007, 09:46:52 AM
by Pegi
KENMORE WASHER 60 series

Started by amnesty

Replies: 7
Views: 11732
Last post March 06, 2008, 02:48:23 PM