Author Topic: hbl 645 AUC Bosch Oven Door Hinges  (Read 19421 times)

Offline emmerat

• VIP Member
hbl 645 AUC Bosch Oven Door Hinges
« on: December 31, 2008, 03:22:14 PM »
Hello,
I have a Bosch electric oven, and the door will not close all the way. I replaced both hinges, and it still won't  close all the way....the gap is an easy 1/4" at the top. Can anyone point me in the direction for how to adjust the hinges to get the door to close properly? The frame appears to be straight, so I'm at a loss as what to do.
Thanks,
emmerat

Offline Penguin45

• VIP Member
    • www.ukwhitegoods.com
Re: Bosch Oven Door Hinges
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 05:04:14 PM »
There is no adjustment on the hinges, you'll need to replace them. Bosch p/no 493358.

Penguin45.

Offline emmerat

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 02:38:20 PM »
But, I did replace them.....they are new.....What else could it be? The frame looks straight....how stiff should the seal be? What else would cause this issue?
emmerat

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 10:21:12 PM »
Bosch had issues with not just the hinges, but the receptacles that the hinges attach to.A gap in the door is not necessarily a gap in the seal. Most self clean oven doors do not close fully against the cabinet unless locked in the clean mode. Otherwise, they tend to fit somewhat loosely against the seal. Unless you are having problems with the light staying on, don't worry about it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 10:23:49 PM by Repair-man »
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline wendyn

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 12:30:39 PM »
I have the same problem with my Bosch gas range installed 2 weeks ago.  There is a 1/4-1/2" gap when the door is "closed".  The light is not on, but it causes a lot of heat from the oven to come out of the gap.  It gets so hot I can't touch the dials for the cooktop.  It affects the cooking capability of the oven and I'm pretty sure it will soon start to melt the dials.

I've had a repair guy out once, he replaced the hinges.   It was a little better (though there was still a small gap) until I used the oven again, now it is back to the big gap.  Called Bosch and they said to call the repair guy again.  ARG!  Repair guy is calling Bosch tech support (which he said he already did) and will get back to me.

I read somewhere else that there is a screw you can adjust on the hinge (have to take the door off first).  We'll see what my repair guy comes back with from Bosch.

BTW...Bosch customer service was not helpful about this at all, just told me to call a repair person again.  I'm not happy right now...

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 01:34:31 PM »
Stick a hammer handle just above the hinge and slowly close the door so that the fulcrum action yanks the hinge out the mount a tad (Gingerly now)
Works on any appliance door
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline jimmymio

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 03:17:56 PM »
Stick a hammer handle just above the hinge and slowly close the door so that the fulcrum action yanks the hinge out the mount a tad (Gingerly now)
Works on any appliance door

Hey this worked great on my Bosch/Siemens oven door! You da man JWWebster! Beacoup karma points for you.
JP

Offline jacquefh

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 01:30:20 PM »
We had the same problem and the hammer handle was a temporary fix and the problem continued.  The problem eventyually caused damage to the control on the front of the oven and it would turn on and off when it wanted too. The timer would not work when it when off you could not turn the oven off unless to turned off the power at the circuit breaker box. 

This is a very costly problem and Bosch should pay for the damage but for now I am stuck.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »
As the penguinator said replacement is imminent on them thar hinges.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline jackminster

• VIP Member
Re: hbl 645 AUC Bosch Oven Door Hinges
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 07:27:13 AM »
I had the same problem. Used 2 strong button magnets on either side of frame onto which the oven door shuts. Magnets were less thicker then the rubber surround on the oven cooker. Did the trick of keeping the door shut when using oven.

HGS5052UC Bosch Does Oven Door Have to SHut All the Way?

Started by podville

Replies: 8
Views: 7930
Last post December 19, 2009, 05:32:22 PM
by Repair-man
BOSCH Oven Door Will Not Close Completely

Started by Servant316

Replies: 3
Views: 3943
Last post October 30, 2011, 06:56:43 PM
by whirlpooltech
Thermador PRD304EHC/01 Oven door glass and hinges

Started by pmoir

Replies: 9
Views: 4416
Last post March 24, 2013, 08:48:21 PM
by pmoir
Jenn Air wall oven. replaced 2 door hinges and sttill wont close?

Started by itsastarr

Replies: 4
Views: 3010
Last post May 06, 2013, 06:15:36 PM
by Bailey
Bosch wall oven has heat with door open,no heat with door losed.self clean works

Started by shillion

Replies: 6
Views: 3574
Last post October 20, 2013, 01:19:57 AM
by AJ
bosch convection oven

Started by JPG

Replies: 1
Views: 4040
Last post December 20, 2007, 09:19:33 AM
by Pegi