365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer PartsDryer PartsRefrigerator PartsDishwasher PartsRange & Oven PartsAll Appliance Parts

Author Topic: Whirlpool Electric Range no heat, can't find error code meanings anywhere  (Read 422 times)

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
thank you
 Just to clarify... the keypad is the glass surface touchpad you're referring to. Technically known as a "switch membrane".   That is the one on the range.

All the buttons beep when I touch them, would that suggest the keypad is good.... hopefully?

Do you need info on how to get to the display board or no?   Yes that would be helpful, if you have time.

I did take out the upper and the rear control boards and look at then for burn marks or leaking capacitors, but saw nothing of consequence.

Also you said there appears to be multiple boards on top... should just be the keypad and display board.  I guess because the  9763042 board up top had two overlapping PCB's that are joined by a ribbon 2 gray ribbon cables at the left side.

Just for the heck of it, better make sure the keypad is firmly connected too.  How do I check for that?  I did unplug and replug in both ends of the  white ribbon cable. same errors.     You hear relays click if you push (along with Start) bake, broil, choice bake, convection, warm, and the convection fan starts up.    The  only thing is the broil numbers in red go from 500 to a messed up looking 244 ( first numeral is messed   it shows in one of my videos) , but if you run the numbers by pressing the temp button the first digits display fine?

So I guess I will just have to wait for the boards to come and the 9763042 to be built.  We did go to Lowes and a Whirlpool range is there with the F 01 displaying  kind of funny.  In your opinion what company is best?  Or are they all about equal?

Your time and help is really appreciated, it is sure helping me out of a tight spot.  I just hope the parts come sooner as I do not want to lose contact with your expertise.    
 :thanks:   ron3033

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
Yes you are right that is not our specific keypad, I should have taken the laptop out to compare.   It is out of stock too!  I just can't win

Switch, Membrane Glass
Color: Black. For white use 9763548
by Whirlpool
 $187.26
Out Of Stock
Ships Usually ships within 5 - 6 days

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:04:20 PM by ron3033 »

Offline Appliance Savers

• Technician
  • www.appliancesavers.com
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Appliance  Savers of Gainesville Florida
I would not replace the keypad. I only posted the link so you could see what a keypad ("switch membrane") looks like separated from the display board. Keypad is least likely to be the problem judging by the sum of your error codes...
The 2 overlapping PCBs are the display board and keypad, correct so you no longer need help getting to display board. The display board is the EOC electronic oven control, which is the one being built. You made sure the keypad was firmly connected by unplugging and replugging the grey ribbon cables. You've done all you can for now.. wait on boards, try them out. When the time comes, update on the forum please and I will see your post. And Viking is the best, but the price is up there and parts are not easily found... trying to save money? Go with an older range, they're very dependable.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:26:28 PM by Appliance Savers »

Offline Appliance Savers

• Technician
  • www.appliancesavers.com
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Appliance  Savers of Gainesville Florida
One last thing. If I've confused you anywhere, just ask about it and I will try to clarify. The display board is the one with the quartz... the rectangular one being built for you. That is the most likely culprit judging by the recorded errors.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:57:18 PM by Appliance Savers »

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
Re: Whirlpool Electric Range no heat, can't find error code meanings anywhere
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2015, 12:01:50 AM »
Thank so much Appliance Savers   :thanks:  I will certainly keep you up to date as parts arrive and I put them into place and test it out.  I do check the posted forum often.  There is often some interesting things to read & find how they are fixed, and now I am participating.

I do hope the boards come sooner, but I will have the rear board first and will try it & await the build/arrival of the upper board.  I did push firmly on the ribbon cable to seat it.  Got same errors when tried it.

If I think of anything I will post here.
Thanks again   ron3033

Whirlpool Polara Range Error Code

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 5
Views: 10718
Last post December 29, 2008, 09:03:25 PM
by TechnicianBrian
Whirlpool Polara Range--Bake, Convect Bake, Broil and Clean--no heat-no error co

Started by pjgrose

Replies: 17
Views: 6050
Last post April 15, 2015, 06:25:09 PM
by Elinaresjr
Kenmore Electric range model# 790.99013100 F7 Error code

Started by Washaman

Replies: 1
Views: 2124
Last post August 11, 2013, 11:14:40 AM
by haroldsappliance
Whirlpool Electric Range - Bake Cycle Not Working