Author Topic: JRW0710070377 Bosch washer noise - need diagram  (Read 6857 times)

Offline msscience

• VIP Member
JRW0710070377 Bosch washer noise - need diagram
« on: December 12, 2008, 04:20:10 PM »
My 1+ year old Bosch Nexxt Premium washing machine starting making a noise this morning. It sounds as if there is something stuck between the metal drum(?) and the plastic tub(?). The noise is a slight grinding that is cyclic - it is not constant, but scrapes at every rotation.

I have had no luck finding a diagram so that I can take the machine apart. It was purchased from a scratch and dent store. I'm afraid that the model number has been changed. Inside the door, where the model number should be, there is a sticker stating that the appliance does not have a warranty. I have removed the back and the control panel cover, but I have not found a model number. I have had no results with any part number I've tried searching.

Please help! I'm being buried by laundry for a family of six!

Thank you!

Offline Penguin45

• VIP Member
    • www.ukwhitegoods.com
Re: Bosch washer noise - need diagram
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 06:56:04 PM »
The front will remove - two screws behind the kick board, one bottom right of the soap drawer opening. Prise the retaining ring off from the front of the door seal and the front should pull away after you free the door seal. The only practical way in is to pull the heating element out. Loosen the 10mm retaining nut and lever the heater out. Then it's fishing time with a torch and wire coat hanger.......

Give the rubber of the heater a wipe with washing-up liquid before you try and re-fit it - it'll never pop back in otherwise.

There should be a label on the back of the machine as well, BTW. Model number should start with W----.

Plug out first.......

Regards,
Penguin45.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 07:51:32 PM »
So Mr Penguinatorliciousness you think the heating element is making the noise? Could ya splain further amigo?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 09:47:08 AM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline msscience

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 09:12:47 PM »
There doesn't seem to be a kick board on my machine. It is a front loader. I found a model number for a Nexxt Premium online - WFMC6400UC. I still can't find a model number on my machine. The number I have is from the label on the back. I've looked inside and out.

There are four screws (torx) on the front of the machine. Two are at the top under the control panel, and two are at the bottom on the sides (the front wraps around). With the screws removed, the front isn't budging. I can look down inside and it appears that there are some kind of clips holding the front on (keyhole slots ?). It looks like I should be able to lift up the front to detach it, but I will probably have to borrow my husband's muscles!

Thanks!

Offline msscience

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 08:15:05 AM »
My husband managed to fix the washing machine last night. The culprit was something I think is quite common - an underwire. Although he was unable to remove the front of the machine, he continued where I had left off. Using a flashlight, he looked through all of the holes and spotted a wire. He finished removing the rubber from between the drum and the door. He used a paperclip move it to the drain, opened the drain and removed the wire.

We managed to get one of the spring clamps back on before 1am. Now, if I can just get the other one back on today, I may be able to finish reassembling the washer and do some laundry. Any tips on how I can easily get the clamp back on around the inside of the door?

Thanks again!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 09:44:29 AM »
Mr Penguin says use some liquid soap to make it easier to put back the seal.
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Penguin45

• VIP Member
    • www.ukwhitegoods.com
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 01:52:16 PM »
Hi guys,
WFMC6400UC/01 is the model (or eNr) number. iFor future reference, go to www.bshappliancecare.com and follow the links through "Brand" and "Spares" to the "eShop". Using the eNr number, you can then call up the exploded diagrams of your machine, which makes things a lot easier to understand.

To refit the "gaiter spring" on the tub side, you need three hands. One to jam the band in place, whilst the other two stretch and work the spring into the groove. Again, easy with the front removed.

For JWW, removing the heater from the front of the tub is about the only access under the tub assembly, without pulling and stripping the whole thing.

Well done to the OP for working out a solution!

Penguin45.

Offline msscience

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 07:36:07 PM »
Thanks for the model number and all of the tips. I'm sure I'll be back for more advice. I always seem to be fixing something. In the past week I've fixed a remote controlled train, a washing machine (with help from hubby), and a cordless sweeper. When my 4 year old needs something fixed, he comes to mom.

I did check out the website you posted, but without the model number, I didn't get very far.

We needed more than three hands to get the springs back on, but I'm sure you've had a lot more practice. Our springs were pretty tight and didn't want to give much. They were much easier to get off!

Thanks again!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 08:25:49 PM »
Thanks for the update and thank you Sir penguinator. You are the man!
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Frigidaire Front Load washer making noise.

Started by curtis

Replies: 3
Views: 7698
Last post July 05, 2007, 09:25:04 PM
by AJ
Video: Maytag Washer Making Tick Tock Noise

Started by AJ

Replies: 2
Views: 3811
Last post December 07, 2007, 05:41:44 PM
by AJ
Maytag washer noise during high speed spin

Started by madbchron

Replies: 2
Views: 3165
Last post February 05, 2008, 10:03:59 AM
by JWWebster
Whirlpool Duet Washer - F-30 error code and clunking noise in detergent area.

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 14177
Last post November 15, 2009, 09:34:58 AM
by AJ
Frigidaire Washer Thumping Noise During Spin

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 3096
Last post March 24, 2008, 08:53:17 PM
by TechnicianBrian
Whirlpool Washer Noise During Spin