Author Topic: Kenmore washing machine Jamming?  (Read 2320 times)

Offline wmako

• VIP Member
Kenmore washing machine Jamming?
« on: December 03, 2008, 09:28:26 AM »
My Kenmore washing machine did not spin or pump out the water in my last load.  I changed the timer to the wah cycle and it would not agitate either.  In both the wash cycle and the spin cycle I could hear the motor humming like it was trying to spin.

After emptying it out, and moving it around, I tried it again without any clothes and it began to aggitate, but was making a lot of noises.  I moved the timer to spin cycle and it pumped and spun, but again making a lot of noises.  I went back to wash cycel and it seemed to be "jammed" again.  Playing around with it, I coud free it up and make it work, but always making lots of noises.  I could also "jam it" pretty easily by switching from one cycle to another.  I took it apart.  The moter seemed ok, the pump seemed ok, the coupler was ok.  I decided the gearbox must be jamming up, so I ordred one from sears.  I replaced it last night, I the washer  behaves exactly the same way.

Could this be the clutch?  or the brake?  Everything I read on the forum makes me think the problem is the gearbox as I thought.  Anyhelp woould be greatly appreciated.

Model 110.92478100

Offline wmako

• VIP Member
Re: Kenmore washing machine Jamming?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 10:10:30 AM »
As I am sitting hear thinking about this, and reading this forum, I am wondering...

Could the drum brake be broken somehow and be jamming things up and also be making the noises I am hearing?

If I can get the machine to aggitate, I can turn it on and off, without any problems.  I can then also get it to spin, but after it spins, it won't spin again, or aggitate until somehow I unjam it.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 01:18:33 PM »
Maybe you have something in between the walls of the tubs. A dude replaced a clutch in one and gave up on it, donated it to me and I found a bikini wrapped around a shaft under the inner tub. The only way to know it was to get the inner tub out.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline wmako

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 01:31:14 PM »
Maybe you have something in between the walls of the tubs. A dude replaced a clutch in one and gave up on it, donated it to me and I found a bikini wrapped around a shaft under the inner tub. The only way to know it was to get the inner tub out.

Couldn't hurt to check, but I don't think that would explain the nosies I am hearing.

Kenmore (Whirlpool) washing machine will not agitate

Started by autumdove

Replies: 3
Views: 5823
Last post November 24, 2007, 10:18:04 PM
by rickgburton
Kenmore Elite HE3 Washing Machine

Started by Angieg

Replies: 3
Views: 6435
Last post November 09, 2008, 03:43:33 PM
by Repair-man