365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer PartsDryer PartsRefrigerator PartsDishwasher PartsRange & Oven PartsAll Appliance Parts

Author Topic: LG LFX23961ST French door not freezing yet fridge is cool  (Read 467 times)

Offline wrnch2

• VIP Member
Re: LG LFX23961ST French door not freezing yet fridge is cool
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 09:54:33 PM »
OK thanks for the help.I have a service tech here tomorrow.Just in time.I will be here to show and tell what I have found so far.

See what he says.

Offline wrnch2

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 06:49:57 PM »
Well looks like my fridge is toast.
Have a leak some location in the lower system.The fridge is cool yet the freezer is warming.The techs (2 showed up) said they would have to pressurize the system in the shop and check for the leak.They think it is in the back wall. (they say they have seen the same location)

Cost $750 for them to take it and check it out and install a compressor and short line the compressor with new line for the freezer.Will it fix it not till they check it out with nirto in the shop.

At this point not willing to see if throwing 750 at is is a possible fix.

Offline mz3own

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 07:15:11 PM »
thanks for the update

Offline domain

• Technician
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2015, 05:17:03 PM »
I don't understand why it needs a compressor

Offline wrnch2

• VIP Member
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 09:26:15 PM »
Well a LARGE update.
After having a appliance company come look at the fridge and was told its junk as it is a system leak.I looked in another thread on this forum marked LG also and seen a tech make notes of LG having 10yr warranty on sealed sytems.

So I contact LG I purchased our fridge and complete house package in 2008 Dec. As I registered them in 2008 with LG they new of our exact dates and models.A conversation with a few people and I was instructed I had to have a LG tech come out and look at the fridge to confirm the system leak.No problem I said.

A tech from LG showed up I showed him my photos of the freezer ball in the upper right hand coils in the freezer and the Invoice from the other company who made the diagnosis. He took a photo of our receipt ( I had the original receipt) and a photo of our plate with serial number model in the fridge.Said no change and the system has in fact a 10 yr warranty and LG would contact me if we qualify with in 24hrs.

Sure enough 12hrs later I got a call from LG saying we have used 80 months of 120month warranty on the sealed system and we would get a prorated amount based on what we paid(as we had the original recipe this amount they would calculate was based on our original receipt from 2008) No problem I said.He asked for a email to send the info to, I provided a email to him and with in 5 min I had a credit amount from LG.

Now remember I purchased this fridge for in 2008 for just around $2400 CND. I recieved $812.00 plus TAX for a total of $909.00 CND toward a NEW LG product.

After looking around for a week we were then told we had to use the credit at the same place as purchase was made.We were not happy as the dealer we purchased it from had no fridge we could put this credit to with our cash amount to get a similar fridge with water and ice on the door.

After looking around this dealer came out with a weekend special this weekend for a 33" (same width as ours) no water or ice for $1699.00 plus taxes. OK we thought not bad as we have to use the credit at this location.Well then in the mail we got a random mailer for this dealer saying this weekend spend $1000.00 and receive $100.00 off and if purchased before noon a extra year of warranty added at no charge.

In we went and today ordered the replacement with our credit after taxes and deliver and they have to take the old fridge for the credit we paid $940.00

Not bad considering we purchased it in 2008.

Thanks LG
Just wished we could have got the water and ice on the door with in our budget and no dice...

Point I am making look at you model and call the manufacture direct to see if your LG is under warranty from the compressor 7yr or sealed system leak of 10yrs. Newer models these years have changed but those with 2008-2012 I believe are covered under this same warranty.

Our dealer has never had any manufacture come to the plate for this much this long after the date purchased that they can remember.

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 10:42:18 PM »
Glad it worked out for you.
I don't recall prorated warranties back in the day when I did sealed system work.
What I do recall is if the sealed system was under warranty (1, 5,10 years) it got repaired free of charge.
There was no paying money back to the customer for warranty that had not been used.

Seem when the warranty is prorated the customer is simply selling what warranty is left on it back to the manufacture.
Why do that? It's under warranty, just fix it.
Hope you find our site helpful.
http://appliancejunk.com/donate

French Door Fridge not making ice.

Started by Jack Hodge

Replies: 6
Views: 5225
Last post November 26, 2008, 09:18:32 AM
by JWWebster
LG FRENCH DOOR FRIDGE ERROR CODE CF

Started by beanie54

Replies: 4
Views: 8249