I took the cap off the top of the agitator and I could see that one on the dogs wasn't closing (you know what I mean) all the way. I couldn't tell if it was just jammed or if it was in backward.
I took the agitator out of the washer, disassembled, then reassembled. The dogs fell out when I disassembled so I never got to see why one of the dogs wasn't closing all the way. Also, I saw where I had mashed one of the tabs and it broke off when I tried to straighten it up. The remaining tab held the pieces in place and I put the agitator back in the washing machine and bolted it in. I haven't run it through a wash cycle yet, but just turning the top part of the agitator, the dogs seem to be working as they should now. Hopefully, I ready to wash clothes now. Thanks a lot for your help.