Old Philips microwave (posting from Middle East) blowing fuses.
This microwave oven is nearly 20 years old and has been very reliable. Several years ago the fuse blew and I replaced it and all was well till now.
HV capacitor tested short so I replaced it. Starting the microwave produces a loud hum (like transformer is overloaded) for a second or so, then fuse blows.
HV diode tests open in both directions, but my ohmmeter operates with 3V so I probably can't test it properly. Can an open diode cause the fuse to blow? If not, what should I check next?