Forum > Washer Repair

Maytag Neptune will not shut off.

(1/3) > >>

Boatsrule:
MAH4000 AWW   MAH1
Washer will not stop doing the back and forth tumble before the door unlocks. Since it does not stop this motion it must be manually stopped to stop the washer.
It does go through the entire wash/rinse/spin cylcles just wont shut off.
What can I check? could it be a bad motor control board or control board? If so what can I check to diagnose the problem.

Also the pump makes a horrible vibration noise while it drains. Could this add or cause the problem I am having?

Thanks very much for your time

Rob

AJ:
Hi,

--- Quote ---Washer will not stop doing the back and forth tumble before the door unlocks. Since it does not stop this motion it must be manually stopped to stop the washer.

What can I check? could it be a bad motor control board or control board?
--- End quote ---

I don't see how the motor control board would cause this. I have only had this happen one time on a neptune. Wish I could tell you what to check on this.

After checking for bad connections and looking the board over for burnt out parts I went out to my truck and got a new control board.

Plugged in the new control board and it was fixed.

--- Quote ---Also the pump makes a horrible vibration noise while it drains. Could this add or cause the problem I am having?

--- End quote ---

I don't see how it would cause the problem of it not truning off at the end of the cycle. Just another pump with bad bearings. I have changed many noise neptune water pumps.

Have you check out the neptune service manual

Here is the control board and pump for your washer.

Control Board

Neptune Drain Pump

Thank you,
AJ

Boatsrule:
Thanks AJ for the quick reply.

Just to be clear you did have a similar problem and with replacing the control board, it fixed the problem? Am I correct?

Thanks again,

Rob

AJ:
Thats correct.

sparky823:
Might need to change the wax motor also if the board is burned-right??

Otherwise will it not just repeat this process till the wax motor is changed?--that is if you haven't already changed it since you have had the washer.

Just my thoughts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version