Author Topic: Kenmore Dryer Stops During a Cycle  (Read 5608 times)

Offline TechnicianBrian

• Technician
    • TechnicianBrian.com
Kenmore Dryer Stops During a Cycle
« on: November 15, 2008, 08:27:31 AM »

Model #110.96592220, this dryer (Whirlpool made BTW) would stop during the drying cycle requiring the customer to turn the unit back on before it would continue to dry. This problem continued throughout the entire cycle so the customer was a bit frustrated with making multiple trips to the laundry room. A few days of this and she was ready for a service call.

When I began my testing of the dryer, I selected a timed dry which would normally cause the unit to run until the timer reached the end of the cycle. Once started, the unit operated as expected, but then stopped shortly after. Pressing the start button again didn't do anything, but once I touched the timer knob, it took off running again. This continued on for several minutes, and each time the results were the same. Advancing the timer didn't seem to make a difference, but removing the knob did allow it to run a bit longer, but it too stopped after a short run. Given this set of symptoms, it looks like this dryer needs a new timer.

After disconnecting the unit from power, I removed the two panel screws allowing me to lift the front of the control up giving me access to the timer. A couple screws on the front held it to the panel, and several wires needed to be relocated to the new timericon. With all the screws back in where they came out of, I reconnected power and started a cycle. This time it continued to run without needing to be restarted.

Kenmore Electric Dryer - Quits in mid-cycle

Started by GaryGG

Replies: 5
Views: 4769
Last post February 15, 2008, 04:07:19 PM
by JWWebster
Whirlpool Dryer Stops Tumbling Mid Cycle

Started by zuker88

Replies: 11
Views: 9931
Last post December 13, 2008, 04:45:14 PM
by JWWebster
Kenmore Elect. dryer timer stops prior to off position

Started by Basement mech.

Replies: 4
Views: 2528
Last post January 27, 2009, 12:55:20 PM
by Whirlpool®
Kenmore dryer wont start/quits mid cycle

Started by Jwhite4095

Replies: 3
Views: 3417
Last post May 14, 2009, 07:43:00 AM
by Jwhite4095
Kenmore 90 Series dryer - used to stop mid-cycle, now won't start at all

Started by sguthrie04

Replies: 9
Views: 9357
Last post January 11, 2011, 07:54:32 AM
by sguthrie04
Amana dryer sometimes won't turn on and sometimes stops during cycle.

Started by blondejon

Replies: 6
Views: 3187
Last post October 01, 2011, 10:15:38 PM
by blondejon