Author Topic: Dishwasher runs through all cycles without washing  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Joe the Plumber

• VIP Member
Dishwasher runs through all cycles without washing
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:10:36 PM »
I followed the procedure for the 7 flashing clean light. Got the washer to fill with water, dispence the detergent etc... but the washer is not taking water up and spraying the dishes. It runs through the complete cycle, wash, drains, rinse, drains and drys but the water is not running up through and there is no actuation or cleaning. Any advise would be appreciated.

Model 665.13732k600

Offline MajorApp

• Technician
Re: Dishwasher runs through all cycles without washing
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 07:26:46 PM »
 I just repaired one of these Kenmore/Whirlpool dishwashers today with the same problem. If you read the tech sheet that is behind the kickplate there are several solutions for this problem. The one that worked for me was to take the dishwasher apart down to the chopping blade and checking to see if the blade could be turned easily. I got the blade to turn easily but found pieces of broken glass. After I put it back together the spray pump worked fine. For the first minute I could hear the chopping blade grinding up what sounded like bits of glass and then it cleared itself. If the blade doesn't turn or is very hard to turn then the worst case is to replace the pump and motor. Read that tech sheet.

Offline Al Capone

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • ApplianceJunk.com
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 07:34:41 PM »
Joe the Plumber  :2funny:
RepairClinic.com - Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy!

AppliancePartsPros.com - Over 1 Million Appliance Parts In-Stock. 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!

Offline Joe the Plumber

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 08:51:41 PM »
You called it. I
I just repaired one of these Kenmore/Whirlpool dishwashers today with the same problem. If you read the tech sheet that is behind the kickplate there are several solutions for this problem. The one that worked for me was to take the dishwasher apart down to the chopping blade and checking to see if the blade could be turned easily. I got the blade to turn easily but found pieces of broken glass. After I put it back together the spray pump worked fine. For the first minute I could hear the chopping blade grinding up what sounded like bits of glass and then it cleared itself. If the blade doesn't turn or is very hard to turn then the worst case is to replace the pump and motor. Read that tech sheet.
You called it! Chopping blade had a plate chip in it. I took it out, put it back together and it's purring like a kitten. Thank you! O0

Creda dryer runs but makes only a little heat

Started by goldstonemr

Replies: 33
Views: 12952
Last post April 27, 2008, 02:56:23 PM
by Penguin45
dryermotor runs backwards

Started by hook440

Replies: 9
Views: 3488
Last post March 29, 2008, 05:45:28 AM
by Repair-man