Author Topic: refigerator  (Read 1901 times)

Offline madbchron

• VIP Member
refigerator
« on: November 03, 2008, 03:28:22 PM »
maytag side by side frig water freezes in the bottom of the freezer floor
when it gets close to the door it melts and drips on the floor i tap the ice about 1/4 in thick and remove it but in two day it returns everything else is perfect
could there be a drain that is plugged up and this water comes from the defrost cycle and where would i find it
thanks Ron

Model msd2756geq

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
Re: refigerator
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 03:53:08 PM »
This is a simple clogged drain, Ron. Take the back panel off the freezer so you can see the drain trough under the evaporator coils and thaw it out. You'll need a good hair dryr or a steam gun, my weapon of choice in thawing everything these days.

Once you get the slab of ice from the trough, pour boiling (or at least very durn hot) water down the hole to complete the process. I usually add a capfull of bleach at this point to retard algae growth. Keep that temp control in the FF section to the miday point...if you turn it up too cold you'll freeze up again.
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline madbchron

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 12:24:31 PM »
i took the back cover off  and found nothing unusual , i found the plastic tray just forward the compressor on the left side from the back view it was empty no ice just dust which i cleaned. there was a drain hose about 3/8 in diam.coming fromthe right side i had a wet vac and placed it on the hose less than a tea spoonof water came out  i still have ice forming on the inside of the freezer floor, there is no drain in the floor, should i start removing the inner back panels to see if there is blockage some where else
thanks madbchron

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 02:43:56 PM »
I can tell you precisely where the ice is from....once you remove the cover on the evaporator coils you'll see a drain trough directly below them for the defros water to drain from. There is apparently a blockage there you must thaw and remove. I prefer a steam gun or very hot water to do this.
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline madbchron

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 03:14:45 PM »
thank's
you were 100% correct found the ice thawed it with a hair drier and
poured hot water and a little bleach down the drain  when i finished
i cleaned out the evaporation tray and found the culprit's a couple of once frozen beatle's
thank you again your great
madbchron

Maytag Refigerator Defrost problem

Started by madbchron

Replies: 3
Views: 2163
Last post December 01, 2010, 12:11:16 PM
by Johns Repair
Accessing Refigerator condensor on back panel with no screws

Started by tater_nutz

Replies: 2
Views: 320