Forum > Chit Chat

The hardest part of appliance repair...

(1/2) > >>

schaffersapplian:
In todays appliance repair service, ive found that the hardest thing to deal w/ is telling the owner of a 2 year old amana bottom-mount ref that their compressor is shot and the manufacture's warr. is expired, or that their "just out of warr." center seal on their maytag (SAV,MAV,CAV,PAV,LAT,ect...) needs to be replaced.  I HATE these companys who dont evauate or test their products before they go on the market. And I always feel bad when i give a $300 estimate on a 2 or 3 year old machine.  I think that this is the hardest part of the buisness to deal with.

whirlpooltech:
Then to make things harder them same people don't want to pay you because it only took you ten minutes to tell them it was not worth repairing.

JWWebster:
A cheapskate wants a cheap appliance and wants a cheap repair.
Me myself and I always ask what kind of machine it is. Then in my mind I visually go over what goes wrong with these machines. I say to myself: SELF do you want to waste time and energy pizsing off these folks by taking their money when I KNOW they have a schitty appliance and I 9 out of 10 times have an idea what is wrong?

theoldstoveguy:
Best way to explain to them is your fee is exactly as a doctor would charge them. We tell them what is wrong for the basic fee. We charge for our knowledge. Also I learned a long time ago. We DON'T design them,We DON'T build them but we try to repair them.Think about it,if the engineer made a perfect machine,he would be unemployed. Thus he can always improve on the design & have a job for life!

Icehouse:
What happen? when I worked for Amana in the late sixties early seventies they had the best guarantee in the business. Five years on everything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version