Author Topic: Whirlpool  (Read 2409 times)

Offline critterskinner

• VIP Member
Whirlpool
« on: October 22, 2008, 08:36:34 PM »
I just want everyone to know that the should not purchase a Whirlpool product.  If you do and you have problems they don't care and they do very little to help you.  It is my quest to make sure anyone I know doesn't buy a Whirlpool product.  The reason for the above is that I have a Whirlpool Duet washing machine that hasn't worked properly in over two months and I spoke with Whirlpool and they don't care.  The machine has an F35 code, which seems to be a pretty popular thing with these machines.  Whirlpool doesn't want to acknowledge this and doesn't care how much you complain they are in no hurry to help you fix your problem.  They told me they could expidite the deleviry of the part that the repairman ordered.  They said it should be here an a week or two(now that is really fast. not).  I am really dissapointed I paid $1500 for this machine because it was a Whirlpool which I that was good brand.  I have never been so wrong.

Phelan Scott

P.S.  Warn everyone you know.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: Whirlpool
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 08:53:27 PM »
You paid 1500 bucks fer a dang washer? and you is bitching about parts?
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline whirlpooltech

• Technician
  • 20 years of experience
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 08:58:59 PM »
I think it's more then just parts JW.

Reliability, parts and service all seems to be a problem.

Over all Whirlpool does make some great products.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 10:36:18 PM »
What if I invented a simple yet reliable washer with a non electric pump and no electronics? A simple yet strong washer that has been used at laundry matts for 100 years? That would be a GE top loader. Oh not the mamby pamby made in mexico piece of bottom feeding crapola top loader they offer nowadays. I am talking the load it down let it kick beat it to death and yo mammas washer keeps on kicking type of machine. That my friends is what we needs today. I have a question for GE, why not go back to the tried and the true washer of old?
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 10:39:50 PM »
Enter the modern marvel.: the direct drive washer. Plain jane easy to fix and treat it right that baby will last. GE counters with its new desugn that will rock the world. Give me a dang brak. Now they offer these front loading machines that sure look like a laundry matt machine. they sure cost a bundle, they sure are pretty and I even like the color. If the people knew what a real front loader was made of they would invest in the crappy stuff that is out there today.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 10:46:36 PM »
Rant 3: these newer models have fancy electronic boards that convert good old reliable 120 volts ac into bastardized 3 phase DC voltage to run these flimsy mounted beautiful pieces of crap they call a frontloader. The trunnion on these sweet looking machines is nothing more than a dang Frigidaire dryer trailer ball. No wonder the dang thang tears up. the sales peeps probably say: Load it up it can take it. And finally this: GE has came out with a washer that never needs detergent added fer 6 months. Isn't that cute? I wonder how many box's of Tide I needs to add to that mutha fer it to go fer 6 months? Whats that you say? I needs to buy SPECIAL stuff from GE? oh brutha where art thou faith full top loader GE of generations past?
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline tidebatt1

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 07:01:48 PM »
I know it's frustrating, but every company has lemons. No matter how reliable, how tried and true, they are out there!

I have had a Whirlpool Duet HT for about a year and my wife loves it! I paid $925.00 after tax.
I have an older LXR7144EQ1 top loader in the garage that dosen't do what the Duet does, but hey it's great for shop rags. Not to mention I'm not scared to take it apart.

JW, you know as well as I do that things that work great have to be made obsolete! After all, if it worked too good the repair and parts business wouldn't have the kind of sales and repair calls which they have. It doesn't make good sense but it makes economic sense. Plastic is cheaper, the Mexicans, and Chinese are willing to work cheaper, and pencil pushers are going to save a buck. Not to mention maintain job security with planned obsolescence.

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 09:14:28 PM »
yep ...It is my birthday. Auburn's getting beat and I need a dang battery. At least one thang is going right :2funny:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 09:21:35 PM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Repair Guide: Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer - No agitate or spin

Started by AJ

Replies: 13
Views: 28864
Last post January 02, 2009, 01:09:38 PM
by AJ
Whirlpool electronic error code

Started by roxgirl

Replies: 1
Views: 5786
Last post July 25, 2007, 08:15:36 PM
by AJ
Video: Whirlpool Washer Motor - Bad connection..

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 3298
Last post July 29, 2013, 06:32:05 PM
by AJ
Video: Whirlpool Made Direct Drive Washer Motor Coupler Replacement

Started by AJ

Replies: 18
Views: 43446
Last post May 18, 2010, 06:53:50 AM
by gimpyjones
Video: How To Replace a Water Pump On A Whirlpool Made Direct Drive Washer