Forum > Washer Repair

Unbalanced Whirlpool

(1/3) > >>

qbunnie:
Hey.  Sorry if this is a newb question, but I'm new to this.
My washer shakes pretty vigorously during the spin-dry parts of the cycles.  I understand that this is due to something being unbalanced.  I've been trying to figure out what it could be.  It isn't the clothes, I've readjusted them as well as run the washer empty.  I have also leveled the washer carefully.
Where should I go from here?
Also, when I leveled the washer, I noticed the 2 rear support feet were on a type of suspension system.  However, all it really seemed to do was extend the feet an inch or two when I would pick the washer up.  When the washer is resting, the suspension system is fully compressed.  Is this normal?
Thanks for your help and patience.

Model Number: LXR7144EQ1

Repair-man:
The rear leg are self-adjusting. If you lean the machine forward and drop it on the back legs, it will self-adjust to the surface of the floor. If your floor is on beams, the machine will not stay balanced  correctly.

To check the floor for weakness, do the following:

Balance a nickel coin on its edge on top of the  washer lid or cabinet. Stand in front of the machine and jump into the air and land on the floor in front of the machine. If the coin falls, the floor is not strong enough for the machine.

qbunnie:

--- Quote from: Repair-man on October 13, 2008, 04:00:36 PM ---The rear leg are self-adjusting. If you lean the machine forward and drop it on the back legs, it will self-adjust to the surface of the floor. If your floor is on beams, the machine will not stay balanced  correctly.

To check the floor for weakness, do the following:

Balance a nickel coin on its edge on top of the  washer lid or cabinet. Stand in front of the machine and jump into the air and land on the floor in front of the machine. If the coin falls, the floor is not strong enough for the machine.

--- End quote ---
The floor is concrete (basement).  I did you test anyways, and the nickel didn't budge.  What do you think I should check next?

Repair-man:
How old is the machine, and how many loads a week do you do?

qbunnie:

--- Quote from: Repair-man on October 13, 2008, 04:34:22 PM ---How old is the machine, and how many loads a week do you do?

--- End quote ---
its probably 4 years old. i got it used. i do about one load a week. why?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version