Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung Moisture Sensor dryer (model# DV45H7200EW/A2) power button issues  (Read 541 times)

Offline Kbr1313211

• VIP Member
 :tickedoff:

My Samsung Electric Moisture Sensor Dryer is less than 2 years old -- I am losing my mind trying to figure out what is wrong with the power button that turns the unit on located  on the control panel --- I am frequently experiencing intermittent problems getting the dryer to power on -- I am having  to push down much harder than I should need to and usually from several different areas on the damn button to get it to finally work--sometimes I have to just leave it alone for hours or a day or two before I can even actually get it to push at all (I have no words to express my frustration that are suitable for this polite request for advice)

There has never been any issues at all with the dryer running -it works 100% great with no problems  once it turns on ... there have been no events that have occurred to my knowledge that would trigger any issues of any kind - no power surges, rough moving trips,  electrical issues, etc. -- the power source is perfectly fine - the dryers interior light turns on when the door is opened which confirms it is receiving power (also, just to verify adequate power is being received to the unit my husband tested it )

I've unplugged it and replugged it in - have done this repeteadly ranging from reconnecting and attempting to start immediately or after several minutes/hours/and in most severe cases days 😫

I have meticulously removed any lint inside, around it on the floor, from the exterior or vent hose, every square inch and all surrounding areas --all free of lint and clear of clogs ... The start/pause button which is nearly identical to except slightly larger square and  located directly below the annoying power button works perfectly fine with zero effort needed to push or to start or pause the cycle - is this a common issue with Samsung dryers? So far, I have been fortunately able to get it to power on eventually and after several tries (sometimes refuses to power on for a few days even !) but it seems to be getting progressively harder to start and I'm afraid I am making things worse by doing this crazy ritual.

Does anyone know what I can do to correct this? I don't ever know when this will occur and I guarantee it happens at the worst possible times when I actually need the clothes dried ASAP- any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated... thanks!

(picture of bastard button included for review )
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:53:35 AM by Kbr1313211 »

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Samsung Moisture Sensor dryer (model# DV45H7200EW/A2) power button issues
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 03:49:54 PM »
More than likely you got a bad membrane on the control pad or bad board. I'd call Samsung and voice your displeasure - there really good at customer service. There having such a bad rap right now with not only there Phones but the Washers that were just recently recalled. I'd start there - they just might send you a new membrane or control board.

I'll check to see if there is a service manual here on this site. You might be able to test your membrane in diagnostic mode.

Offline Doliver

• VIP Member
Re: Samsung Moisture Sensor dryer (model# DV45H7200EW/A2) power button issues
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 05:12:38 PM »
i am having same problem.. i had intermittent problem now nothing at all.. it ruined my xmas b.c i tried for hours to change all sensors to no avail.. im buying a subpanel and door switch this week to try those out to see if they fix .. ill update as i find my answer

Offline Kbr1313211

• VIP Member
Thank you for replying. I'm sorry you are experiencing this- it is horribly frustrating! I appreciate you sharing your updates with me! Fingers crossed that it works and is an easy fix ! I will update anything I try as well; have a friend who does appliance repair who may be able to save my sanity and shed some light on the situation.

Offline Kbr1313211

• VIP Member
@Blaiser: thank you! I will give them a call... at the very least a good venting session may help me feel better   ;)

Offline AJ

• Technician
    Administrator
    • ApplianceJunk.com - Appliance Repair
Hi, either of you two have any updates for us? Thanks.

GE dryer model GFDS350EL1WW has snapped power button reattach how/where

Started by TPS524

Replies: 2
Views: 160
Last post March 14, 2017, 01:45:17 PM
by dab147315
Whirlpool gas dryer moisture sensor problem

Started by rebeccawallace

Replies: 1
Views: 3970
Last post December 21, 2009, 05:25:21 PM
by jumptrout51