Author Topic: Kitchenaid Refrigerator not Cooling  (Read 7210 times)

Offline TechnicianBrian

• Technician
    • TechnicianBrian.com
Kitchenaid Refrigerator not Cooling
« on: October 15, 2008, 06:42:57 AM »

Model #KSRP25FNSS00, this side by side refrigerator stopped cooling resulting in water everywhere from the melted ice, and a lot of spoiled food. The unit still sounded like it was operating because of the fan noise inside the freezer, but I did notice there was no noise from behind the unit when I arrived.

This refrigerator uses a combination control board and user interface mounted to the top liner inside the fresh food section. Push button controls allow for temperature changes to be made, and LED's are used to display the temperature inside each side. The compressor is a basic AC unit that is powered directly from the control board and wired together with the condenser fan so they should both be on or off at the same time.

I started by looking behind the refrigerator because there was no noise coming from where I would expect to hear a fan and compressor operating. With the cover removed, I could visually see the condenser fan was not working and the compressor was cold to the touch indicating it hasn't been on for some time. Using my meter, I found no voltage present at either component. Looking at the wiring diagram from the tech sheet, the source voltage for both components came from the control board via a red wire off connector P1 pin 4. After removing the four screws that hold the panel to the top of the liner, I was able to do inspect the board and connectors. A quick check with my meter indicated no voltage present from that point as measured to a neutral wire on the same harness.

Because the board had power but was not powering the compressor circuit, I determined this unit needed a new control boardicon. The board for these units comes in two halves along with a new touch panel. It takes a little work to get the board out, but the new components will snap in easily with no trouble. After the new board was installed, the compressor took off running and the unit was cooling in no time.

Kitchenaid Refrigerator Not Cooling

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 1
Views: 2429
Last post March 20, 2008, 09:51:48 PM
by JWWebster
Please help, Whirlpool refrigerator not cooling good.

Started by paul

Replies: 6
Views: 5054
Last post August 22, 2007, 12:59:04 PM
by Pegi
1975 GE Refrigerator not cooling

Started by deanpark

Replies: 4
Views: 6259
Last post September 24, 2007, 02:50:21 PM
by deanpark
Amana Refrigerator ABB2227DES not cooling.

Started by dex

Replies: 9
Views: 6583
Last post October 31, 2007, 10:35:34 PM
by rickgburton
Problem with Kenmore refrigerator not cooling, but freezer and icemaker are ok

Started by Bigmetalman

Replies: 3
Views: 6869
Last post February 13, 2008, 11:03:25 AM
by Bigmetalman
Kenmore Refrigerator Not Cooling