365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer PartsDryer PartsRefrigerator PartsDishwasher PartsRange & Oven PartsAll Appliance Parts

Author Topic: Bosch Dishwasher SHV46C03UC /14  (Read 78 times)

Offline Sidewinder

• VIP Member
Bosch Dishwasher SHV46C03UC /14
« on: August 26, 2015, 09:40:16 AM »
Hello All, Help!
Several months ago, drain pump ran nonstop, even door open, float was stuck in gunk and debris, cleaned this, ran great until 2 weeks ago. Now start wash cycle, fills and drains repeatedly without advancing to wash cycle. I can close the pressure fill switch manually, and it will enter wash, then of course hang up again at rinse cycle or any time water enters via the water fill valve. The pressure fill valve never closes on its own, in fact I do not see the diaphragm actuate the blue trip lever. I removed the pressure fill valve thinking it might be plugged with debris, but it was reasonably clean and clear. I believed I could seal the open end with my hand and operate the switch by blowing gently in the open end but it did not. I believe the diaphragm must be operated by an air bubble at the top of the mechanism forced up by water pressure from the fill valve or back blow from the tank. My question is, Is the diaphragm bad? does this part need replaced? or since I have had debris obstruct the water flow float and overflow valve, could gunk and debris in the bottom hoses be lowering pressure to the point the pressure valve doesn't operate? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and making me eternally grateful. Thank you. Have a great day.

Online Appliance Savers

• VIP Member
  • www.appliancesavers.com
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • Appliance  Savers of Gainesville Florida
Re: Bosch Dishwasher SHV46C03UC /14
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 10:46:27 AM »
If a diaphragm-type pressure switch does not actuate when you blow air into the open end, its defective.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:49:15 AM by Appliance Savers »

Offline Sidewinder

• VIP Member
Re: Bosch Dishwasher SHV46C03UC /14
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 08:56:23 AM »
Appliance Saver, Thank you for your rapid response and advice. Think I bought myself a little time. After I posted issue above, while waiting for response, I removed the pressure valve from the water assembly, inserted a flat blade into the pressure chamber and gently tapped behind the diaphragm. It immediately started working, the switch actuated repeatedly on testing by gently blowing air into the chamber, and then plugging the outflow of the chamber and running even a very small stream of water from the faucet where water enters the assembly from the hose manifold. I reinstalled it into the machine and it has ran a half dozen cycles without failing. It actually is running better now, as it enters the wash cycle sooner than it been, preventing the perpetual fill/drain episode. Suspect I'll have to replace it soon, but I'll see what happens with it. Thanks again for your input. Have a great day.

Bosch Dishwasher

Started by jumptrout51

Replies: 11
Views: 8665
Last post February 10, 2011, 05:43:44 AM
by AJ
Bosch Dishwasher SMU2046 wont fill

Started by noneal

Replies: 5
Views: 8904
Last post August 26, 2008, 08:44:35 PM
by noneal