Author Topic: same as everyone else wont spin with a load make noise  (Read 3094 times)

Offline confused and tro

• VIP Member
same as everyone else wont spin with a load make noise
« on: October 01, 2008, 07:56:18 PM »
mine is noisy so the bearing is a givin it wont spin with a load but will light or empty so the clutch seems to be a issue also. what is the likelyhood the trans is gone to

Model wcxr1070taww

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: same as everyone else wont spin with a load make noise
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 08:24:48 PM »
Ok what I am about to tell you has been scoffed at overlooked and sadly I have taken a lot of bad hits for this one but here goes. That is a terrible designed washing machine. The motor is reversed by polarity and they use greased ball bearings mounted in grooved graduated channels to raise and release the brake.Very crappy design. Over time dust dirt grime and non lubrication makes those ball bearings hang up and lock up.The motor clutch is also th motor pully and tends to fail frequently. This washer has got to be one of the worst designs ever.The transmission is little more than a lawn mower quill. I would not send a dime on repairing this machine.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline confused and tro

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 08:29:52 PM »
Ok what I am about to tell you has been scoffed at overlooked and sadly I have taken a lot of bad hits for this one but here goes. That is a terrible designed washing machine. The motor is reversed by polarity and they use greased ball bearings mounted in grooved graduated channels to raise and release the brake.Very crappy design. Over time dust dirt grime and non lubrication makes those ball bearings hang up and lock up.The motor clutch is also th motor pully and tends to fail frequently. This washer has got to be one of the worst designs ever.The transmission is little more than a lawn mower quill. I would not send a dime on repairing this machine.

yeah well I guess i got screwed I just bought it 1 month ago it was very very clean so I gave 100.00 for it and its not even worth repairing thanks

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 01:04:32 PM »
so I gave 100.00 for it and its not even worth repairing

That's one way  of looking at  it. Had the previous owner only known that the part was less than $150 maybe they would have fixed it.  New complete tranny: $142   Comes  with new tub seal as well.

Still cheaper than a new machine!

Heck, I'm feeling generous today...here's my copy of the GE Washer Manual to read up. Granted, it's my training manual, but you don't have to take the tests  8)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:42:44 PM by Repair-man »
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 09:18:01 PM »
And remember the timer and water valve motor and other items all are manufactured south of the border. Viva La revolucion! :D
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Roper Washer - On Spin cycle will make load buzzing noise, won't spin

Started by kbrettm1977

Replies: 2
Views: 8575
Last post December 10, 2008, 06:55:27 PM
by JWWebster
Frigidaire front load washer wont spin cycle

Started by Scott7m

Replies: 10
Views: 5443
Last post May 17, 2010, 07:58:24 AM
by Repair-man
whirlpool utlicare 2 wont agitate or spin but will drain water - grinding noise

Started by NEHoss24

Replies: 20
Views: 4876
Last post June 09, 2010, 10:11:38 PM
by NEHoss24
kenmore elite front load washer wont spin completely dry

Started by monki

Replies: 14
Views: 9536
Last post April 02, 2012, 10:48:48 AM
by JWWebster
kenmore elite front load washer wont spin completely dry

Started by dcdang

Replies: 2
Views: 1491
Last post September 24, 2011, 11:22:31 PM
by dcdang
Frigidaire Front Load washer making noise.

Started by curtis

Replies: 3
Views: 6764
Last post July 05, 2007, 09:25:04 PM
by AJ