Forum > Washer Repair

same as everyone else wont spin with a load make noise

(1/1)

confused and tro:
mine is noisy so the bearing is a givin it wont spin with a load but will light or empty so the clutch seems to be a issue also. what is the likelyhood the trans is gone to

Model wcxr1070taww

JWWebster:
Ok what I am about to tell you has been scoffed at overlooked and sadly I have taken a lot of bad hits for this one but here goes. That is a terrible designed washing machine. The motor is reversed by polarity and they use greased ball bearings mounted in grooved graduated channels to raise and release the brake.Very crappy design. Over time dust dirt grime and non lubrication makes those ball bearings hang up and lock up.The motor clutch is also th motor pully and tends to fail frequently. This washer has got to be one of the worst designs ever.The transmission is little more than a lawn mower quill. I would not send a dime on repairing this machine.

confused and tro:

--- Quote from: JWWebster on October 01, 2008, 08:24:48 PM ---Ok what I am about to tell you has been scoffed at overlooked and sadly I have taken a lot of bad hits for this one but here goes. That is a terrible designed washing machine. The motor is reversed by polarity and they use greased ball bearings mounted in grooved graduated channels to raise and release the brake.Very crappy design. Over time dust dirt grime and non lubrication makes those ball bearings hang up and lock up.The motor clutch is also th motor pully and tends to fail frequently. This washer has got to be one of the worst designs ever.The transmission is little more than a lawn mower quill. I would not send a dime on repairing this machine.

--- End quote ---

yeah well I guess i got screwed I just bought it 1 month ago it was very very clean so I gave 100.00 for it and its not even worth repairing thanks

Repair-man:

--- Quote ---so I gave 100.00 for it and its not even worth repairing
--- End quote ---

That's one way  of looking at  it. Had the previous owner only known that the part was less than $150 maybe they would have fixed it.  New complete tranny: $142   Comes  with new tub seal as well.

Still cheaper than a new machine!

Heck, I'm feeling generous today...here's my copy of the GE Washer Manual to read up. Granted, it's my training manual, but you don't have to take the tests  8)

JWWebster:
And remember the timer and water valve motor and other items all are manufactured south of the border. Viva La revolucion! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version