Forum > Dishwasher Repair

Whirlpool dishwasher runs great, but door leaks like crazy

<< < (3/8) > >>

AJ:

--- Quote from: Aaronbond1973 on October 01, 2008, 07:25:39 AM ---This is an awesome service and got me looking in the right direction.

--- End quote ---
O0

AJ:

--- Quote from: Amy on March 20, 2009, 11:14:53 AM ---This worked for my dishwasher too!  The left side of the door was leaking.  I took the vent off, cleaned it, and now it has stopped leaking!  yay!  Just wanted to let you know that this must not be too uncommon.

--- End quote ---

Glad to hear you got it repaired. :)

fixitgrandma:
Cleaning the vent fixed the problem with my old Whirlpool dishwasher. :) Anyone who ever watched me load the dishwasher teased me about washing the dishes before washing the dishes. Maybe they won't now!  My vent was clogged because I would put jars in the dishwasher to loosen the labels I couldn't peel or soak off the jar.  I guess I wasn't that much of a "good girl"... ::)  Remove those labels folks!

Mr. Fix-It:
I find vent clogs rather frequently I think it is a hard water issue most of the time it's like the airborne steam is loaded with calcium corbonate and it condenses when it hits the vent. It's the first thing I check when I come across a door leak.

coulombe100:
You guys rock!  O0

Our Whirlpool dishwasher was leaking from under the front door but I never thought to check the vent.   And what a trap of disgusting slime it was...ewwwww!   :o But after scraping out that ungodly slop with a butter knife and pipe cleaner, the leak is gone!    For good measure, I also cleaned out the water float valve as was suggested early in the thread, so maybe that helped too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version