Forum > Washer Repair

Over flow problem solved - thanks to you

(1/1)

woody:
Sorry for the long delay in answering you.  I want you to know that because of your help the problem has been absolutely fixed.  

The problem was the machine would overflow and none of the standard repair answers would fix it.

The problem was caused by the small hole ( about the size of a pencil ) in the outer tub being clogged with lint and lime deposit.  This is the hole which allows the water to build pressure in the rubber tube which runs up to the water level control switch.  Now the tub fills correctly with no overflow problem.  I had to remove the inner and outer tubs but it was no real problem.

Thank you for the help.  This time I had no need to purchase any parts from you so there was "nothing in it" for you, but there will be a "next time" I am sure.  When the next problem develops on any appliance we have, I will be back.  The other repair sites are history.
 :)

AJ:
woody,

Thats great!
Glad to hear you got it repaired.

:cheers:

Pegi:
Was this the GE washer that would over flow for rinse but not the wash cycle??? Would be nice to know which thread this came out of.... :)

apptech:

--- Quote from: Pegi on October 21, 2007, 03:42:03 PM ---Was this the GE washer that would over flow for rinse but not the wash cycle??? Would be nice to know which thread this came out of.... :)

--- End quote ---

Looks like it was from this thread.

Pegi:
Thanks, would be nice if they would post follow ups or results in the same thread where it was started... :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version