Free Service - Appliance Repair Help & Troubleshooting

Author Topic: LG WM2501hva front load died. Can't figure it out  (Read 1422 times)

Offline chazzy1864

• VIP Member
Re: LG WM2501hva front load died. Can't figure it out
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2016, 08:12:32 PM »
Hey guys, still around. Wanted to give what I *now think* is the final update.

After the previous incident where it made some odd noises, I broke open the back and noticed nothing odd. The rotor teeth were still solid and nothing between the stator and rotor.

I figured I'd wait and see. The GF wanted to do some laundry so I told her go ahead. She immediately started with a duvet and it threw an "LE" error code. Which could be 3 things (bad hall sensor, bad or overloaded weight distribution, or overheating). I erred on the side of caution if it were overheating. Left it unplugged for 30 minutes, fluffed the duvet and tried again. Another LE. Now i presumed too much weight due to the feathers in the duvet soaking up water and being off balance.

He tried a very small load of whites (irrelevant detail, but true none the less :) ) and it still threw it twice. So I now figured it was a hall sensor.

That finally came in, swapped it out and have had no issues.

Also, I haven't heard that weird sound. I'm not sure if maybe it was the new rotor settling into place or something (no clue and grasping at straws here), but since the hall sensor has been replaced, we've been doing laundry non-stop as we had quite a bit of back log.

It seems fine now. Again, I thank you all for your immense help and patience with me on this.

Frigidaire Front Load washer making noise.

Started by curtis

Replies: 3
Views: 11021
Last post July 05, 2007, 09:25:04 PM
by AJ
Water Collecting in Boot on Select Frigidaire Front-Load Washers

Started by AJ

Replies: 1
Views: 5833
Last post August 05, 2013, 08:42:08 PM
by Cananot
frigidaire front load washer

Started by Mikki

Replies: 6
Views: 8089
Last post October 17, 2007, 04:42:52 PM
by Mikki
LG recommended maintenance for front load washers

Started by maypo52

Replies: 5
Views: 30007
Last post June 03, 2014, 05:52:55 PM
by domain
Video: Whirlpool Duet Front Load Washer Water Pump Clean Out.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 9909
Last post November 28, 2007, 09:58:47 PM
by AJ
Replacing Front Load Washer Pump Model#LHW0050PQ

Started by resapp

Replies: 4
Views: 4973
Last post May 22, 2012, 12:34:13 PM
by AJ