Forum > Dishwasher Repair

Whirlpool Control Board or Touch Pad Controls

(1/1)

jefcris:
Dishwasher won't start. It will accept commands in Cycles and Options but the Start/Resume button will not start the cycle. Then it clears the cycle and goes dark after 30 seconds. The drain command does work and the diagnostic cycle will run. I have tested the door switches and the thermal switch and they are OK. The door switches are engaged with the door closed.

Is this most likely the touch pad not sending the signal to the board or is the board bad?

Model Number: GU2400XTPB3

jayman73:

--- Quote from: jefcris on September 27, 2008, 04:27:44 PM ---Dishwasher won't start. It will accept commands in Cycles and Options but the Start/Resume button will not start the cycle. Then it clears the cycle and goes dark after 30 seconds. The drain command does work and the diagnostic cycle will run. I have tested the door switches and the thermal switch and they are OK. The door switches are engaged with the door closed.

Is this most likely the touch pad not sending the signal to the board or is the board bad?

--- End quote ---
diagnostic should have a test for the touch pad and souds like its working would say board

whirlpooltech:
I believe jayman73 is correct. Replace the board.

Part number: 8564546

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version