Author Topic: Fridgidaire Oven  (Read 4856 times)

Offline abletonlive05

• VIP Member
Fridgidaire Oven
« on: September 27, 2008, 02:44:42 AM »
Greetings we have a fridgidaire oven and it was bought in 2005 maybe 2004. i cannot remember.

this is the problem. top skillet works fine.

the oven does not

i have coocked thousands and thousands of dollars of chicken in the oven.

i usually get four chicken breaths and put tonys on them and cook them for one hour at 400 degreeze.

well now when i do it, everything tastes sour.

so everytime i cook chicken from here on out i have to cook it at 350 degreeze for over three hours and its still not cooked all the way. matter of a fact it tastes like rotten tuna even after three and a half hours. what is the problem here.

usually cooking chicken was like woopi its done one hour sometimes 45 minutes not all day to cook a meal and because it is still undercooked it leaves you hungry even after you eat it.

how much of a warranty do these things have if it is fridgidaire. do they offer life time warranties or is it just some crap about threee years and they bomb it or something.

Offline abletonlive05

• VIP Member
Re: Fridgidaire Oven
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 02:54:27 AM »

its one of those frigidair classic series all black not the wall mounted units but the stadalone overn that you wedge between two shelves. then it has one of those allure lights over the top of it. but thats mounted into the cabinet. not sure if its precisely the same model or what.

Offline abletonlive05

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 02:58:06 AM »
it does successfully cook other meals correctly. i can cook steaks no problem in the over. and meatloaf and lasagna but i went grocery shopping and i was trying to get like all steaks but someone forced me to buy that nasty ass chicken and it is nasty. it was a waste of money. plus i dont even know how to successfully salvage the chicken because the oven has damaged it that severly.

its like it cooks the top but it cooks it like something weird like a baked chicken and then the insides the chicken was partially cooked and then the bottom was like rotten and sour and this has been happening for about the last 6 months.

normally when i cook chicken with the same oven the skin will become crispy and salty because of the tonys and the insides will be fluffy and cooked throughly.

Offline Al Capone

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • ApplianceJunk.com
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 08:05:26 AM »
Hi abletonlive05,

Could you get us the model number and please don't PM our technicians asking them to look at your post, they will see it on there own.

Thanks,
RepairClinic.com - Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy!

AppliancePartsPros.com - Over 1 Million Appliance Parts In-Stock. 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 09:43:14 AM »
Look at the ignitor in the oven. Is it so bright you cannot look at it? Or is it more like a mellow orange? If it is orange then it is history. Replace it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 09:50:58 AM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline abletonlive05

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 03:58:33 PM »
Look at the ignitor in the oven. Is it so bright you cannot look at it? Or is it more like a mellow orange? If it is orange then it is history. Replace it.

like where do i look.?

Offline abletonlive05

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 04:14:38 PM »
Hi abletonlive05,

Could you get us the model number and please don't PM our technicians asking them to look at your post, they will see it on there own.

Thanks,

sorry i did not know he sent me a private message so i responded.

anyway i think but i could be wrong but i think the model number is Frigidaire GLGFS66C

i found the wiring guide on the back of the oven and the publication is pn 316218504 -(0301)

could not find a model number on anything. also i tried turning the oven on and i did not see any humongoid lights or nothing. but a small orange light coming from the bottom of the oven that is covered by metal. i thought the heat came from the top though? should i remove the bottom layer?

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 02:30:31 AM »
That thingy you saw probably needs replacement.
replace this: http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=12872&PPStack=1
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 02:33:03 AM by JWWebster »
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline abletonlive05

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 02:33:30 AM »

well how can i be for sure that there is something really wrong with the oven and its not just the chicken?

because sometimes even when i cook it on the stove it still tastes like rotten tuna?

about the only way i have been able to cook it succesfully is in the microwave for about 15 minutes. but now our microwave is acting weird because of hurricane ike.

so like how can i seriously troubleshoot this thing and how can i like figure out what it is. has anyone else notice the quality of poultry has changed.

Offline abletonlive05

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 02:42:58 AM »
replace this: http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=12872&PPStack=1

like where can i find the model number on the oven. i called home depot and they said raise the top but i cant get it to raise at all.

Offline abletonlive05

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 02:45:18 AM »
how come you cant google the model numbers of these to find pictures.

Offline jayman73

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 08:44:00 AM »
how come you cant google the model numbers of these to find pictures.
the model number is Pull out drawer look at the right side frame should be a white sticker

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 10:51:55 AM »
do not raise the top or you will break the gas lines going to the top burners.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 10:53:08 AM »
The reason I gave you this part number was simply from my memory.You cannot look it up without firdt pulling out the bottom drawer and looking on the nomenclature tag to get the model number amigo.
        never grow rusty.

I love fan letters! LOL

Fridgidaire oven F! error code

Started by klm

Replies: 5
Views: 2691
Last post November 26, 2009, 05:22:08 PM
by krazytech
Frigidaire oven temp sensor probe?

Started by jon

Replies: 1
Views: 7196
Last post July 08, 2007, 06:06:26 PM
by AJ
Jenn-Air self cleaning oven problem

Started by ralphthedog

Replies: 6
Views: 11253
Last post December 13, 2007, 08:15:34 PM
by ralphthedog
How can I find the manual for a Jenn Aire double oven?

Started by Dukes

Replies: 2
Views: 3581
Last post December 16, 2007, 04:40:06 PM
by Dukes
Maytag Double Wall oven lights

Started by jumptrout51

Replies: 2
Views: 4427
Last post December 23, 2007, 01:26:06 PM
by kjagmin
bosch convection oven