Just as a follow-up. The dishwasher shot craps. Knowing I could get help on the forum gave me the guts to try the repair myself. I pulled the kick panel off and decided I was best served unhooking it and putting it up on its back so I could clearly see what I was doing. I'm not sure I would have been successful had I not have. Including pulling the DW out and hooking it back up, the whole job took 2 1/2 hours. I was very meticulous and took pics of wiring just to be safe. I didn't install it so I was learning as I went there also.
It now sounds and runs like new and (crossing fingers) I have no leaks.