Author Topic: Whirlpool duet stream  (Read 21966 times)

Offline misswings777

• VIP Member
Re: Whirlpool duet stream
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 01:50:45 PM »
Hello,

And thank you for asking, but the Best Buy Contractor has still not called with a time that he can get to
my washer. We are at the mercy of waiting for him to call us.

Last contact with anyone with the contractors office was the 19th September 2008.

We were told we have to wait for them (contractor who does Best Buy's repairs) to call us and make an appointment
to come to my home by the contractor's themselves.

We are waiting until Tuesday the 30th which will make this whole contact with Best Buy and the contractor
who does their work 2 weeks... Husband plans on being polite but will insist that the matter is soon taken care of...

Again, thank you for asking...

Offline Madwasher

• VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 09:46:56 AM »
Our new Whirlpool Duet had the same problem after only three months of use. We contacted Whirlpool (instead of Best Buy) since the washer is still under factory warranty. The issue is a "bad pressure switch".

The part number is W10156252
Service company replaced the part yesterday, and the washer is working like normal. Whirlpool nor the service company had any explanation why the part would go bad in such a short time. No charge since the washer is under warranty.

WARNING - There must be a shortage of the part.  We were initially told that the part was backordered for 2 to 3 weeks. We even tried to obtain the part through other vendors and got the same time frame. Furious with the potential of being without a brand new washer for 3 weeks, we spent many hours on the phone with Whirlpool trying to expedite the part. After some strong encouragement and moving the issue up the chain of customer service, Whirlpool agreed to pull a part from the factory inventory where the washers are built. The only problem is that nobody could tell us when, or if, the new part would be shipped. Suddenly, the part just arrived by FedEx at our house. In all, our washer was inoperable for 1 week. Be persistent. They will tell you over and over there is nothing they can do.

If you negotiate well, Whirlpool will extend your factory warranty for an additional year.

Offline misswings777

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 03:05:18 PM »
Hello,
Thank you for the piece number, we will be contacting Whirlpool...
I called the repair service contractor again this am, and the message
was: if you do not get an answer call: the last four digits-- 2000, 2001 or 2002...
So needless to say, after 2 solid weeks of run around and no answer we will
try your advise..  Who did you contact to put the piece in for you?
again, thank you....

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 04:00:49 PM »
 O0
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline Madwasher

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 04:33:10 PM »
We contacted Whirlpool directly.  They sent A&E Factory Service to diagnose the problem and install the part when it arrived.

You will need to be persistent with Whirlpool, and they do not return phone calls as promised.

Offline misswings777

• VIP Member
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 12:43:30 PM »
Good news!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I received a phone call from the repairman asking if he could come to the house and check my washer out!!!

Well!!!!!!!!!

The good news is there was no mess under the washer when the repair person took the front off the washer!

The best news is there was a replacement part in a nearby city and I may have my washer fixed completely hopefully by Friday.. 

They are however going to use another part number, another washer like mine uses something called 9600 part and they seem to be interchangeable. 

I will ask the repairman and get all the info..

Thank you all very, very much for all your input! O0

Offline misswings777

• VIP Member
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 04:21:18 PM »
Hello All!!
Thank you very much for all the input on my washer!
They replaced the pressure switch today and i am up
and running a load now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The pressure switch that works in the 9600 will work in the 9500,
so that is what i have.. Thank you all again for the help!
Signing off as i am up and running now... RJS, misswings777 O0

Offline WFO

• VIP Member
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 03:46:49 PM »
After spending 6 hours trying to figure out how to get around/bypass the switch....I took the part out to my shop and blew compressed air into the part. Then came back in and it worked once. I disconnected the hose (black on mine) from the lower part of the washer tub and blew in it a couple of times. (rather hard) The washer has now started working like normal again. How long,.....who knows.
Also, the 9500/9600 part are exactly the same part # according to Whirlpool. Also, there was a nice little diagnostic sheet inside the washer in a little plastic bag, (taped to the sidewall) that showed all the codes and some very simple diagnostics anyone could do to troubleshoot the machine.

David

Offline appltech

• Technician
    • Appliance Technology
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2013, 08:52:37 PM »
I know this is an old topic. But...Has anyone had any other issues other than the pressure switch? Has it ever been the steam board at fault? From what I got from the wiring diagram, there is a triac in the steam board to control the steam valve. Tested voltage leaving the board, going to the steam valve, I found an open neutral(120V to chassis ground). Why would the triac switch the neutral side???

Photos: Whirlpool Duet washer with bad bearings, only 2.5 years old!

Started by AJ

Replies: 21
Views: 30500
Last post May 23, 2013, 08:22:19 PM
by Rick32k
Video: Whirlpool Duet Front Load Washer Water Pump Clean Out.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 5375
Last post November 28, 2007, 09:58:47 PM
by AJ
How to replace a Whirlpool Duet washer bellow tub door seal

Started by AJ

Replies: 39
Views: 69616
Last post December 24, 2013, 12:16:46 AM
by GB-NC
Whirlpool Duet Sport Error f-01

Started by Ology

Replies: 2
Views: 6982
Last post March 10, 2008, 05:20:36 PM
by Repair-man
Whirlpool duet sport keeps on pumping

Started by hinkelberry

Replies: 3
Views: 1622
Last post March 10, 2008, 10:05:03 PM
by apptech
Whirlpool Duet Washer - F-30 error code and clunking noise in detergent area.

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 12512
Last post November 15, 2009, 09:34:58 AM
by AJ