Author Topic: Maytag Neptune MAH4000AWW Won't Drain Water / Smell  (Read 24857 times)

Offline maypo52

• VIP Member
Re: Maytag Neptune MAH4000AWW Won't Drain Water / Smell
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2007, 08:37:45 AM »
Wow, I hope I never see anything like that in my LG. That's disgusting. :o I'll be doing regular pm's on my LG from now on.  :)
My philosophies:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and When all else fails RTFM (read the "funny" manual)

Offline sparky823

• VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 02:51:32 PM »
Maypo 52

What do you usually run through your LG to keep it clean?? Just the hot water and vinegar? I looked the Whirl-out up online and the company does make the washer magic. I have used the dishwasher magic before and I think it cleans the dishwasher well. I called their toll free # to see about the shipping cost and the lady and I were talking about the Whirl-out. I told her I was going to use it in my washer and she wanted to know if I had an LG and I told her No. She said "We have told LG to stop telling people to use the Whirl-Out in the washers because it is too strong for that purpose". "We make Washer Magic just for the washers and it does the same thing it is just a milder formula". I wonder what is in it? I don't see where it would hurt the washers cause it doesn't mess up the hot tubs and I am sure they have seals and all that too.
How well do you like your LG? Does your vibrate much? I have read where some people have had terrible vibrations problems with those and also Kenmore/Whirlpool. I also read on Epinions that someone said a repair tech told them to never use the high speed spin that it causes the bearings to go out sooner. If that is the case then why have a 1200rpm spin to start with if they think you should never use it. It is all just crazy. We pay a lot for these and they are needing work or replaced in only a few years. I guess it is just the way it is.

Offline mightymac

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 05:08:29 PM »
Alright people, here's the deal.  Yesterday I took the machine apart.  I removed the inner tub and cleaned EVERY part thoroughly.  There wasn't much gunk inside but that could have been from the tablets, bleach and vinegar I've been running through the machine.  Anyhow, I put the unit back together and ran bleach through it with junk towels one more time just to make sure I got everything.  Today I'm getting the same smell coming back!  What the hell is happening?  This is beyond me at this point and I don't have enough time to be playing around with this thing.  Unless anyone has any other ideas, this piece of junk is heading to the curb.

Offline sparky823

• VIP Member
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 05:21:17 PM »
If you put your head inside the tub can you smell it thenor is it more like just in the room? I read somewhere a person was having this problem with a Kenmore and it was the drain pipe smelling. Maybe try some drano in the standpipe and see if that helps. I can't see how the washer would be smelling since you cleaned it well. Maybe all those treatments got the drain stink going full blast?? Maybe someone here that knows more than me can help. If you trade machines let us know what you get and how you like it but I would try the drain before anything else. Maybe you have a vent pipe stopped up somewhere.

Offline sparky823

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 04:23:43 PM »
Mightymac,

Have you trashed the Neptune yet? If so , what did you replace it with?

Offline Pegi

• VIP Member
  • Owner/Tech
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 04:51:38 PM »
Barf....  :P

Offline def

• VIP Member
  • I'll fix anything...sometimes, I'm successful.
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 10:30:11 PM »
Unless anyone has any other ideas, this piece of junk is heading to the curb.

Hey, don't scrap it...I'll buy it!
I used to repair RADAR then they discontinued vacuum tubes. Pity

Offline def

• VIP Member
  • I'll fix anything...sometimes, I'm successful.
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 04:35:03 PM »
I have read that the Samsung with the VRT is really good. They dont vibrate like some of the others. I think the LG is supposed to be good also but I have also read people having a lot of problems getting parts/service and having problems with cleaning cause they use way less water than your Neptune. I saw some where that a guy took his Neptune apart and cleaned it out. He made pics and it was awful. But he said it was all their fault. He said they used cold water all time and regular detergent and softener and it just got really gunked up but the way he talked it wasnt a big deal to tear down and clean up. If I can find that I will let you know.

sparky823, were you abke to locate the details/photos regarding cleaning the Neptune? There are a lot of us who like to have the information.

:thankyou:

:popcorn:
I used to repair RADAR then they discontinued vacuum tubes. Pity

Maytag Neptune MAH4000AWW burning smell during spin cycle.

Started by ksujason

Replies: 15
Views: 18507
Last post September 14, 2008, 11:46:31 PM
by Repair-man
Maytag Neptune How To Drain Water

Started by spikedawg

Replies: 5
Views: 2593
Last post July 15, 2009, 05:49:57 PM
by jumptrout51
maytag neptune front loader wont drain and now wont fill with water and spin