Author Topic: LG Front Load Washer LE Error code  (Read 102948 times)

Offline oliver

• VIP Member
Re: LG Front Load Washer LE Error code
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2009, 07:37:02 AM »
I've got a similar problem with my LG Washer...No Power, replaced Main Board, Filter Assembly, and Display.......still no power to machine

Looking into Sensor switch and trying to test... 

Did you replace?

Were u able to solve your problem?

My initial problem was no power to the washer...  so I followed the service manual which said to look for a little red led in the middle of the Main PWB.  If it wasn't lit, the recommendation was to replace it (Main PWB).  I replaced it and thought I'd solved all my problems as the washer turned on immediately but that led me to a problem where the drum doesn't turn.

So, to answer your questions, I replaced the Main PWB (which allowed the machine to turn on) and I've also replaced the Hall Sensor assembly (the fridge magnet type thing that connects to the stator)

I thought about replacing that item you linked to but I'm not exactly sure what it is.  I think it might be the sensor that detects whether the washer is level or not.

Personally, I think you need to get the power problem sorted as it seems that anything else will be a guess without getting the readings from the Main PWB.  Then again, I've pretty much learned everything I know about this washer from TechnicianBrian so he's the expert, not me.

LG Main Pwb (pcb) Assembly, part number: AP4440233

LG Rotor Position Sensor (RPS) Switch, Hall (motor) Sensor  part number: AP4440680

Offline Golfnut

• VIP Member
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2009, 08:04:52 AM »
Thanks....

I'm still working on the no power...still no LED on main board.

Here is the ball sensor/level sensor thing that I have ordered.  Seems to be a component to machine is level machine.  I also order a pressure switch. This is the thing that hangs off the main board that links air hose to bottom of drum.

Offline statsman

• VIP Member
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 08:55:49 AM »
I had a similar problem with an occasional LE error but always a slow or no spin. Found the Red wire going to the Hall sensor was intermittent. You can test this from the main board connector down to the connector on the hall sensor by checking continuity.  There is an intermediate connector down by the motor/hall sensor so you can isolate the problem even more. My problem was in the short wire harness that connects directly to the motor and hall sensor.  I could not find the open point of the wire so I added a new red wire and integrated it into the harness.  All is Good!!!

The model was WM2487HWM

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »
I had a similar problem with an occasional LE error but always a slow or no spin. Found the Red wire going to the Hall sensor was intermittent. You can test this from the main board connector down to the connector on the hall sensor by checking continuity.  There is an intermediate connector down by the motor/hall sensor so you can isolate the problem even more. My problem was in the short wire harness that connects directly to the motor and hall sensor.  I could not find the open point of the wire so I added a new red wire and integrated it into the harness.  All is Good!!!

The model was WM2487HWM

Nearly all intermittent "LE" errors are caused by incorect type or amount of detergent.

The following amounts are the correct amounts for HE (High Efficiency/Low Suds) detergent:

HE : (2) Tablespoons Per Washload

HE 2X : (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X : (1) Tablespoon

A break in the wire at the HALL EFFECT SENSOR connector--is very rare (but not impossible).
I've never seen this occur.

Offline arencambre

• VIP Member
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 09:37:39 PM »
Nearly all intermittent "LE" errors are caused by incorect type or amount of detergent.

The following amounts are the correct amounts for HE (High Efficiency/Low Suds) detergent:

HE : (2) Tablespoons Per Washload

HE 2X : (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X : (1) Tablespoon

A break in the wire at the HALL EFFECT SENSOR connector--is very rare (but not impossible).
I've never seen this occur.
Woah, where you getting these numbers from? I understand how HE is concentrated, but I would have really stinky laundry with only 2 TBSP of Tide HE!

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 01:03:47 PM »
The washer only uses a small amount of water to do them clothes, you go puttin in more the what we have stated and she goonn go into SUDS meltdown.
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 02:05:16 PM »
Laundry soap companies tell us to use X amount of soap to wash our clothes. The smell you are smelling is the perfume added to the soap so you THINK it is clean. Even top load washers are being over filled with soap. Ever seen the insides of a 20 year old washer tub?

Offline arencambre

• VIP Member
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »
Hey, I hear you on that, and I also realize how detergent makers want you to use more than needed--it's in their best financial interest.  :)

But on the flip side, I've experienced dingy laundry too often when I skimp. Not saying "fill Tide's detergent cup to the to top" but am saying that 1-2 tbsp is less than what I used to get even dingy detergent.

Offline bakeray

• Technician
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2010, 12:53:36 AM »
I knew after searching this site I would find the answer to my question.  O0

Neighbor has a LG WM0532HW washer with the LE error code Im helping her with. I started it in a normal cycle and when the motor starts to aggitate, it sounds like a motor that the start winding wasnt disconnecting. I checked the motor, windings are good. I checked the harness, its good. My first thought was the hall effect sensor. I was thinking it is giving the board a reading that the motor hasnt started or its trying to start thus the growl and buzz sound I heard.

Going back to check that board before the neighbor throws parts at it.

Model WM0532HW

Offline Lotso

• VIP Member
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 04:03:20 PM »
In regards to the picture that you posted, how did the cord get burnt?  Is that something that is normal to happen with those washers?  I have one of those front loaders, and glad to know that it will error out before trying to run a full cycle with problems.
I prefer to call my self a handyman, because it sounds better than Jack of all trades!

Offline arencambre

• VIP Member
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2011, 08:05:45 PM »
Hey, I hear you on that, and I also realize how detergent makers want you to use more than needed--it's in their best financial interest.  :)

But on the flip side, I've experienced dingy laundry too often when I skimp. Not saying "fill Tide's detergent cup to the to top" but am saying that 1-2 tbsp is less than what I used to get even dingy detergent.
Small update. I recently switched from Tide to Target's store brand detergent. It appears Target's detergent is more concentrated. It seems like I'm only using about 2 tbsp with it.

Offline PARTech

• Technician
    • Panhandle Appliance LLC
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2011, 06:38:52 PM »
I knew after searching this site I would find the answer to my question.  O0

Neighbor has a LG WM0532HW washer with the LE error code Im helping her with. I started it in a normal cycle and when the motor starts to aggitate, it sounds like a motor that the start winding wasnt disconnecting. I checked the motor, windings are good. I checked the harness, its good. My first thought was the hall effect sensor. I was thinking it is giving the board a reading that the motor hasnt started or its trying to start thus the growl and buzz sound I heard.

Going back to check that board before the neighbor throws parts at it.

Hall sensor is a good thing to check with that, but here is what I just ran into on an LG  motor..  the main bolt in the rear had started to back out, allowing the rotor to wobble and the drum to start to inch forward.  Make sure that bolt in the center is tight as this one wobbled the splines off the the rotor.

Not the sharpest pic, but it should give you an idea.
Serving North Idaho

Offline krazytech

• Technician
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2011, 08:06:54 PM »
Did this fix you LE error ???
Check the Basics first!!! Read the Manual !!!Buy the tech a Beer!!!

Offline roodog

• VIP Member
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 08:01:50 AM »
Hi Tech Brian

I know this is a very old post, but I found yours to be the most helpful to a newbie like me. I have an LG WM2277HW and this is the last post I made on another forum, but have not had any answers yet. thought you may be able to help......

"I went back to the drawing board....tested Hall Sensor and....

(1) not getting any cont. on White/Red and White/Blue...so the Hall Sensor is gone as well?.....and...

(2) did the QC test for low drum spin (IF81) and first time it groaned, second time, nothing....test voltage output with just power on (nothing...expected?), then tested in QC test mode...still nothing?

does this mean the power board is faulty.....any double check of this, just so I know I'm not making another rookie mistake?

when testing voltage on motor assembly, did not want to stick probes too close to anything hot, so tested the connectors near base of machine (not where they connect to the stator) THEN went back up and tried PWB motor output....nothing

sorry to be a pain (again)...but hey, I'm learning a lot (like beg a technician to come out of their house-call range)"

front load ge washer error code E4F

Started by devoncloud

Replies: 5
Views: 4848
Last post May 09, 2009, 05:35:58 AM
by Repair-man
whirlpool front load washer with sud and f35 error code

Started by gregaguilar

Replies: 2
Views: 1936
Last post July 06, 2013, 11:20:17 AM
by gregaguilar