Forum > Dishwasher Repair

Bosch Dishwasher SMU2046 wont fill

(1/2) > >>

noneal:
Hi,

After our disposal recently got backed up, now our dishwasher won't fill.  The cycles all run, and it drains fine when i manually pour in water, but it will not fill.  I have read that this can be caused by the float switch getting stuck in the up position.  So, I pulled it out and opened the left panel to see the switch, but I am not sure what to look for.  The float seems move freely.  What else should I try?

Thanks,
Nathan

JWWebster:
There is the mechanical part of the float(could be stuck in the up position). Then their is the micro switch that probably is fried. If thei due has a brain then it ain't no telling. Check the water valve for coil continuity. Put some power to it and see if it will physically dispense water.

noneal:
How can I get power to the valve?  I think I can get to it by removing the plate behind the toe kick, right?  What kind of power source can I use to test it?  Is there anyway to test the float to see if it is working properly?

Thanks,
Nathan

RegUS_PatOff:
I don't think that model has a Float Switch.

120v Water Inlet Valve with Fill-Level Diaphragm

click on picture

JWWebster:
Take that small hose off and blow through it to clear the clog out of it and I would then re try the wash cycle. I have never seen one of these or worked on one so I am just guessing. To test the water valve you could get an old lamp cord with some aligator clips on it. Unplug that green coil and briefly put 120 volts to that coil to see if it shoots water into the tub.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version