Forum > Dryer Repair

Maytag Neptune Dryer 4000 noise

(1/3) > >>

sparky823:
I have a Neptune 4000 dryer and lately when you first start it there is a strange noise. I know this sounds crazy but it is the closest thing I know to describe it-sounds like when a box fan is blowing and then wind blows against the fan how that sounds-well that is how this sounds. It drys fine and really doesn't make this noise the whole cycle just for the first few minutes. But then I don't really stay out there and listen-you know. What could this be? Also, I have metal duct, and I have checked it and it is clean even outside. To me this has always been a fairly noisy dryer but this sound isn't normal. Thanks for an ideas you have.

Model MAH4000AWW

AJ:
Hi sparky823

I would take a look at the blower fan wheel.
You will have to remove the front of the dryer to check it.

It's a plastic part and they often strip out were they slip on the motor shaft.

sparky823:
Thanks. I will check that out. Is it easy to get to the blower after I get the front off?

I might need to post this in another post but I will ask anyway:
I have the Neptune 4000 washer and I read about people having trouble with the bearings going out. So far I have no trouble there, that I know of. What if anything, can I do to make mine last longer without any bearing problem or do they just wear out regardless?

AJ:

--- Quote from: sparky823 on October 06, 2007, 12:51:41 PM ---Thanks. I will check that out. Is it easy to get to the blower after I get the front off?

--- End quote ---

Not much to it, just make sure you disconnect the power to the dryer first.

Here is the Service Manual for your dryer.

AJ:

--- Quote from: sparky823 on October 06, 2007, 12:51:41 PM ---I might need to post this in another post but I will ask anyway:
I have the Neptune 4000 washer and I read about people having trouble with the bearings going out. So far I have no trouble there, that I know of. What if anything, can I do to make mine last longer without any bearing problem or do they just wear out regardless?

--- End quote ---

The only thing I can think of that will make it last longer is to unplug it and not use it.

Sorry, :)

Really though there is nothing much you can do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version