Author Topic: Frigidaire Freezer not Cooling  (Read 9199 times)

Offline TechnicianBrian

• Technician
    • TechnicianBrian.com
Frigidaire Freezer not Cooling
« on: August 30, 2008, 07:54:56 AM »
Model # FFU17M7HWC, this recently purchased upright freezer up and decided to stop cooling one day leaving a mess of defrosted food and water for the customer. Because this is a basic (I mean really basic) freezer, I figured my trouble shooting was going to be rather quick, and I could have this unit freezing again in no time. Fortunately for the customer, I was right.

Taking a look at the ladder circuit diagram of this freezer, we can easily see, there isn't much to go wrong, and few places to cause trouble. From our connection at the wall outlet, we get our 120vac which makes it's way to the thermostat (cold control) and then on to the compressor.

Because of it's accessibility, I chose to begin my troubleshooting right in the middle starting with the thermostat. Here I found my source voltage when I measured across the switch contacts, and no matter what position the selector knob was in, my readings were the same. So my trouble shooting journey began, and ended with the thermostat.

Installing a new thermostat in this unit did the trick and it didn't really require to much work, part # 216788100
The customer was happy to have a cold freezer again, and I was glad to have an easy call to end my day.

Just an aside. I don't know if it's just me, but I have been finding many of these capillary thermostats not just failing to cut in and out, but finding their internal switch contacts have failed in the open position.

Frigidaire Freezer, FFU14FC7CB0, stopped cooling and temp light on

Started by kanddmama

Replies: 7
Views: 1341
Last post June 22, 2012, 09:32:57 AM
by tgoods
Frigidaire LFFC1466DW3 chest freezer not cooling

Started by jrandallc

Replies: 2
Views: 272
Last post April 24, 2014, 03:26:31 PM
by jrandallc
Problem with Kenmore refrigerator not cooling, but freezer and icemaker are ok

Started by Bigmetalman

Replies: 3
Views: 6665
Last post February 13, 2008, 11:03:25 AM
by Bigmetalman
Frigidaire Refrigerator not cooling anymore :(?

Started by yahoo

Replies: 4
Views: 5910
Last post March 29, 2008, 08:19:36 AM
by JWWebster
Frigidaire Refrigerator Not Cooling Properly

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 0
Views: 3507
Last post April 10, 2008, 09:58:25 PM
by TechnicianBrian
Frigidaire Freezer not Cold Enough