Author Topic: Frigidaire affinity dryer FAQE7001LW shuts down after a couple minutes  (Read 39 times)

Online markcoby98

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • marks-mowers / Reasonable washer & dryer repair
Hello to all,
 I have a strange issue with a Frigidaire affinity dryer FAQE7001LW that shuts down after a couple minutes. The dryer does heat up and everything seems fine. But also I can not get it into the error code mode. I'm thinking that it is a control board issue, but I'm not sure. I did have the machine apart and checked the sensors and heating element all were fine, I also unplugged and replugged everything back in, but I get the same result, it will run for 2-3 minuets then stop, and PAU (pause) will flash in the window for a second, then it switches back to the time remaining in the cycle. Like I said there does not seem to any error codes nor can I run a diagnostic cycle either. But the times and different display settings seem correct. The machine was unplugged for about 30 minuets while I checked things out and cleaned out the inside (I thought that this might reset it but it did not do anything for it). Also in the picture of the control board I see a very large flash of light (spark) inside the relay when either the dryer starts or shuts down...
Any thoughts will be appreciated 
markcoby98
PEACE ☮☯☺✌

Online domain

• Technician
Relays spark, normal. It probably is a pcb issue, but you can monitor the power TO the pcb when it shuts off. O0

Online markcoby98

• Technician
I did not check the power out since the display and Led's were still lit.
By pcb do you mean the control board?
« Last Edit: Today at 05:26:24 PM by markcoby98 »
markcoby98
PEACE ☮☯☺✌

Online domain

• Technician
ok bud! i would STRONGLY suggest looking at the door switch to make sure it is NOT on the EDGE of making or breaking! While running , pull and push on frame of door to see how sensitive it is  :D otherwise i think you are on right track

Online markcoby98

• Technician
Cool, I will double check the door switch, I did test it when I took the front panel off, but I never tried wiggling the door it's self. My biggest concern was not being able to
run the "test" cycle and no error codes. Also the relay spark is huge, I realize they do spark some but this thing looks like an arc welder even with an overhead light shining down on it. I have read online about other affinity dryer's getting stuck on (running and not shutting down), I can well imagine that happening (as in having the relays contacts weld themselves closed).
Thank you for your input
markcoby98
PEACE ☮☯☺✌

Frigidaire Affinity Dryer Manual Service Manual

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 14191
Last post August 20, 2009, 05:41:14 PM
by AJ
Frigidaire affinity dryer only heating to 130 degrees

Started by newto914s

Replies: 9