Free Service - Appliance Repair Help & Troubleshooting

Author Topic: Whirlpool Cabrio Model WED6200SW1 Electric Dryer Error Code Questions  (Read 105 times)

Offline Redemption

• VIP Member
Purchased the above dryer at a charity sale. Two issues have arisen. There was an error code of F-25 (which is the inlet thermistor open or shorted code) initially in memory. My meter did not confirm this. There was continuity in the cable on P4-1 & P4-2 from the ECU to the inlet thermistor and the ohm reading for the thermistor was within range for the ambient I took the reading at. (tech sheet says 49-51k ohms at 77F). During a test load I opened the door to add a garment and the control begin to flash F-1 which is code for Primary Control Failure. I cancelled the cycle, unplugged the dryer, then replugged the dryer, the error cleared and the machine went back to work. So, I suppose my question is, are these electronic controls always to be trusted? If the ECU has failed how is it now accepting commands and continuing to run? Or am I over complicating the obvious and should assume the ECU is in the process of failing or is at best suspect? Thanks in advance for your kind attention in this matter.   

Offline przemeku6

• Technician
    • ACE APPLIANCE
 are these electronic controls always to be trusted? - NO ,NO ,NO.
one of  the most common reasons for microchips failure is just quality. the microchip is programmed to perform specific tasks based on the input provided . there is multiple reasons why ecb can intermittently stop working :
 bad internal connections (cold solders)
badly written firmware ( ask any technician working on lg refrigerators - just unplugging and resetting ecb fixes at least 40 % )
interference from other equipment ( no shielding)

those self checking systems ( watchdog systems) are part of the ecb so you can imagine how many variables can affect it.
what i mean is ,if self checking system is still fine ( working correctly ) it is the best thing under the sun , but when is bad it will make your day unforgettable :-) 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:54:02 AM by przemeku6 »
STAN

F2 error Whirlpool Cabrio DRYER Model WED6200FW0]

Started by lboren

Replies: 1
Views: 861
Last post April 26, 2015, 06:45:25 PM
by dab147315
Whirlpool Steam Dryer F23 Error Code

Started by TechnicianBrian

Replies: 2
Views: 9621