Author Topic: shuts down no lights on panel  (Read 1933 times)

Offline JPG

• VIP Member
shuts down no lights on panel
« on: July 28, 2008, 09:32:21 AM »
I have af ridge that just shuts down randomley., My question is if the refrigerator door is left open or not making contact withe the light switch will that cause it to shut down completely????  tks  jpg

Model gsh22sgress

Offline JWWebster

• Technician
  • SublimeMasterJW
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • JW's Sublime Appliance Advice
Re: shuts down no lights on panel
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 10:54:25 AM »
Wow it just goes to show you I should have looked up that model number. That GE profile if I remember right does not even have a relay on it. It runs on DC voltage I believe.Repair man is on the ball. I know nothing about these new computer controlled refrigerators. Well I do know something. Stay as far away from them as possible unless you just want to throw away money.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 03:01:07 PM by JWWebster »
May the hinges of our friendship
        never grow rusty.

About the icons: The beer is tip link, if a tech saves ya some money buy em a 6 pack. The small green square=personal message. The green dot is a link to my web page on appliance repair and other general BS I love to post. The letter sends me email.
I love fan letters! LOL

Offline Repair-man

• Technician
  • The Virtual Repairman
    • The Virtual Repairmans Appliance Help
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 02:16:25 PM »
Yes, on the Profile models, there's a LOck Out that occurs if the door is left open for an extended duration. It's called the Liner Protect mode. This is done to prevent  sealed system damage and mainly to prevent the interior lights from melting the top and walls of the liner. Your should see some of the earlier Jenn Air built ins that did not have this safety feature. Replaced a few of them as un-repairable.

Liner Protection Mode

The liner protection mode will activate if either of the doors have been open for 3 minutes. This mode will start the fans and close the damper. This mode is controlled by 2 timers. Timer #1 monitors door-open time. A 3-minute door-open count begins when the door is opened. If 3
minutes elapse before the door is closed, the liner protection mode will become active. Once the
door is closed, timer #1 resets and liner protection mode goes into standby. In standby, normal fan and damper operations resume and timer #2 begins a 3-minute doorclosed count. If 3 minutes elapse without a door opening, liner protection mode will completely deactivate. If a door is opened within the timer #2 door-closed count, the remaining time in the doorclosed count will be deducted from the timer #1 door-open count.

Check your shelves and drawers in the FF section, as these can stick out and cause door problems.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 02:22:11 PM by Repair-man »
"It's only expensive if someone else fixes it for you" -
The Virtual Repairman   www.repair2000.com

Offline JPG

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 08:01:09 AM »
wow   thanks   looks like i will have 2 raise the fridge door so that it will hit the switch.....  JPG

Kenmore refrigerator - how remove ice/water dispenser front panel

Started by Marvster

Replies: 1
Views: 23836
Last post August 11, 2007, 08:06:07 PM
by AJ
Panel removal?

Started by lowhook

Replies: 6
Views: 2378
Last post April 15, 2008, 06:00:25 PM
by lowhook