Forum > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

whirlpool refrig.

<< < (2/3) > >>

stephenbig:
  Hey AJ,  thanks for the help on the main defrost board.  But you didn't answer my question about the short when the refrig. is plugged in with the white wire on the defrost element plugged on the element.

AJ:

--- Quote ---But you didn't answer my question about the short when the refrig. is plugged in with the white wire on the defrost element plugged on the element.
--- End quote ---

Did not know what to tell you about that. :)

--- Quote ---I checked the heating element and it read 24 ohms.
--- End quote ---

The heating element checks ok.

--- Quote --- while the thermostat was on defrost read out of range.
--- End quote ---

Do you mean the thermostat was open when it was cold? If so it is not working.
The temp should be stamped on the side of the defrost thermostat. It should be closed when at that temp.

If not then the heater will not get any voltage to it during the defrost cycle.

Did you look at the defrost board?
Check to see if anything looks burnt up on it. Look at both sides for the board.

--- Quote ---I put a new start switch on the compressor.  Now ice on the back of the freezer. 
--- End quote ---

Did all your troubles happen at once?
Did have a power surge at the house or anything else that would have cause so many problems all at once?

stephenbig:
  hey AJ
          Here we go.  I went and bought bimetal ther. , a new thermostat, and freezer control board.  Since the defrost element read 23.8  ohms   I plugged in the refrig. and it threw the breaker.  I took a test light and check for a short on the white wire.  It shows no short  I went back and checked the compressor .  Run-start read 10.2   Start-com 7.6   Run-com 3.7    No grounds on the compressor.   HELP!!!

stephenbig:
  Hey AJ, 
     Here's what i found out while a go.  I had my hand on the front of the refrig. between the doors.  The part that runs from top to bottom that both doors close against .  It was hot. And I do mean hot.  More to the bottom than top.  It started about 3/4th of the way down then got hotter toward the bottom.  What could cause that?  Are there some wires in that area?

Pegi:
Sounds like hot freon in the yoder loop, see if the condensor fan motor is running by the compressor or if the condensor coil is clogged..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version