365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: UNIVERSAL universal burner bowls  (Read 143 times)

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: UNIVERSAL universal burner bowls
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 10:35:34 PM »
I do a lot of rentals and use the 12001676 receptacles ( porcelain so saves switches ) and MP21MA burners. Seems I use at least 8 sets a week. Don't do many radiant tops and no induction but of course they usually don't put those in rentals. And when they do the cost is so expensive they change out the range to an open coil.

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 11:37:20 PM »
Yeah, I always replace the receptacles on the 8" elements with ceramic.  Otherwise they burn too quickly.

For universal receptacles, I prefer the frigidaire over the WP.  The frigidaire universals have flat brass clips that make better contact.  The wp are shaped like an oversize female push on connector, and don't give as good contact as the others.

the problem is that the parts houses treat them all as generic, so I gave up fighting about it.  I just order what I want, and take what i get.

I also get pissed that the bases of the coil elements fall off so often.  They need  to redesign these.  Perhaps after someone dies, they will.

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 10:17:28 AM »
That is why I went to the "delta frame" on the MP21MA instead of the standard. Cost a bit more but will last a lot longer. I have yet to see a frame separate on a delta style.

Offline andersenappliance

• Technician
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 06:45:30 PM »
I had looked at those and wondered about them.  The apartments I do a lot of work for always have kids runnin' around, and I don't like loose bases on these elements. 

I've been buying the extra-turn generics with the spade connectors.  They seem to be a lot better than the frigidaire style with the wire just curled in a circle. 

The deltas are only a buck more than what I have been buying over at aspen, so I think, that on your recommendation, I'll pick a couple up and see what they're like.

thanks.

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 08:07:04 PM »
The latest I have received have had spade ends.