Author Topic: LG wm3987hw washer/dryer combo not draining at all  (Read 622 times)

Offline mglover

• VIP Member
LG wm3987hw washer/dryer combo not draining at all
« on: July 21, 2014, 07:59:05 PM »
Unit gets to the rinse cycle and just turns off because it will not drain water from the tub. Unhooked all the drain tubes and checked for blockages and there are none, it doesn't even sound like it is trying to come on. I unhooked both the drain pump and the circulation pump and cleaned out what little gunk was in there and it did the same thing,

Pulled out the multi meter and the drain pump is testing at 14.5 so it is within spec but even when i run it in the QC mode and go to test the drain pump it makes no noise, same when i try to test the circulation pump, nothing.

Could this still be just the drain pump going bad? Are there any other tests I can run on it, or anything else I should be looking for?

Offline mglover

• VIP Member
Re: LG wm3987hw washer/dryer combo not draining at all
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 08:57:29 PM »
Also I don't know if this means anything but when i enter into the QC mode, if i don't hit the play button at all it displays these codes " InC2, IU05, ID01"

Offline john63

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 10:35:07 PM »
<<<Unit gets to the rinse cycle and just turns off because it will not drain water from the tub.>>>

Turns off completely (all control panel lights off)?

Or displays an error "OE" and stops the cycle (control panel still illuminated)?

<<<Also I don't know if this means anything but when i enter into the QC mode, if i don't hit the play button at all it displays these codes " InC2, IU05, ID01">>>

Software ID/Check Digit numbers---not important

Offline mglover

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 12:08:41 PM »
Just a follow up in case anyone experiences something similar, I played around with the drain pump a little more and was able to get it running in QC mode, started a rinse spin and dry mode and it was draining but stopped part way through the cycle again and displayed an OE error.

I went in and swapped out the drain pump and the old one was super hot. I don't know if it's normal or not but it was really hot to the touch for almost an hour after pulling it out.

Ran same cycle with the new drain pump and it went all the way through, problem solved.  Once the old drain pump had finally cooled down I inspected it a little more and was trying to get some more of the lint away from the rubber gasket and realized that you can you can pull the pump apart into two sections and the inside was full of lint, haven't tested it after removing all the lint but I wish I would have checked that before buying the new one.

LG combo washer/dryer not draining fully, has slow leak

Started by flpirate

Replies: 7
Views: 3490
Last post July 25, 2011, 03:18:46 PM
by AJ
LG TROMM WASHER DRYER COMBO

Started by cammy

Replies: 1
Views: 4256
Last post March 06, 2008, 07:46:35 PM
by JWWebster
LG washer/dryer combo. Not spinning

Started by mandu73

Replies: 26
Views: 8184
Last post October 07, 2009, 10:31:28 PM
by JWWebster
LG combo washer/dryer thermistor help

Started by flpirate

Replies: 16
Views: 6506
Last post April 19, 2011, 07:32:54 PM
by flpirate
LG WM3677HW Washer/Dryer Combo. Spin Issue.

Started by jvanness162

Replies: 14
Views: 5473
Last post June 17, 2011, 07:00:44 PM
by AJ
Oil leak on floor from washer/dryer combo.

Started by euges720

Replies: 1
Views: 1284
Last post December 06, 2011, 03:27:00 PM
by AJ