Author Topic: Bosch shu43c05uc dishawasher keeps draining and won't fill  (Read 1362 times)

Offline marcel-d1

• VIP Member
My Bosch dishwasher continuously drains and will not advance to the next cycles. However, I was able to locate the red stick in the bottom left corner behind the kick panel. This red stick is connected to the float and activates the float switch. When I hold the stick down by using a long flat head screwdriver the dishwasher advances to the wash cycle and fills and the spray arms start working. As soon as I let the stick up the cyle stops and the dishwasher drains.
Does anyone what I need to fix?
The other problem I have with this machine is the rinse agent dispenser continuously releases rinse agent and dishwasher foams up.

Offline afterblast

• Technician
Re: Bosch shu43c05uc dishawasher keeps draining and won't fill
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 07:42:10 PM »
the red stick is sitting on an arm that is attached to a float in the bottom of the plastic base below the dishwasher..  if it's tripping then their is most likely water that leaked in the base causing it to trip the float (the idea being that if the dishwasher starts leaking while no one is around then it will trip this and hopefully save your floors)..   I'd look in the base and see if you can spot any water... if it's got water in it then I'd try sucking it out with a shopvac and then running it while watching it to see if you can find where it leaked in from... take the front door panel off and examine all the foam.. sometimes if it leaks from the front or door you can see where it dripped through the foam and help pinpoint it, remember water won't leak uphill...

if there is no water in the bottom then something likely got underneath the float and is holding it up... which can happen if a bit of water gets under it, lifts it.. allows something to float under it, and then evaporates...

haven't had much luck with the dispensers... you can try cleaning it, but if this doesn't work you'll need to replace it.

Offline marcel-d1

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 12:54:12 PM »
Checked things out and there is water in the pan. Where would be the most likely place that water is leaking from?

Offline marcel-d1

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 04:16:18 PM »
OK I think I am getting somewhere. Still cannot see where the leak is coming from but after many attempts and tests I may have something. I drained the tub completely and I turned the power off and the water supply. I filled a jug of water with a little blue food coloring and poured into the tub, Right away the blue water appeared in the over flow tub. Any ideas?

Offline afterblast

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 05:34:57 PM »
you can pull the dishwasher out from under the counter... once it's out the side panels are screwed in on the front and back I believe... you can take these off and get a better view inside the dishwasher.... also you can check the floor to see if it's caused any damage...

the food coloring is a cool idea, but make sure you just aren't overfilling the tub... if you pour too much water in it will spill over the front... I'd use a flashlight and poke around the base, look at all the hoses and any place where there is a hole going through the bottom of the dishwasher...   if all else fails suck the water out, take the sides off, and then run it while pulled out from the cabinet (provided you have enough slack power, water, and drain line to do so) and watch for water leaks,

Offline Maintech

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 05:38:26 PM »
my fist guess would be either the drain or fill hose loose from bottom of sump.

Offline marcel-d1

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 06:14:49 PM »
The water does not start leaking into the overfill tub until the water level is above the rubber sump gasket that is just under sump filter. Do you think it's the gasket.

Offline afterblast

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 06:35:48 PM »
it's possible, but if your dealing with a leak the best way to be sure is to pull it out and watch for it... it's a pain, but better than getting an unexpected kitchen splash pool....

Bosch Dishwasher SMU2046 wont fill

Started by noneal

Replies: 5
Views: 7872
Last post August 26, 2008, 08:44:35 PM
by noneal
Bosch SHU42L05UC won't fill

Started by ChuckC

Replies: 5
Views: 1218
Last post February 14, 2013, 02:46:51 PM
by jumptrout51
Bosch Dishwasher

Started by jumptrout51

Replies: 11
Views: 7402
Last post February 10, 2011, 05:43:44 AM
by AJ
Frigidaire Dishwasher - Does not fill with water.

Started by AJ

Replies: 0
Views: 5926
Last post January 15, 2008, 06:32:02 PM
by AJ
GE dishwasher won't fill (intermittently)

Started by g3_ultra

Replies: 4
Views: 3939
Last post May 28, 2008, 05:33:00 AM
by apprich
SHU5316 UC Deco panel for Bosch DW

Started by Repair-man

Replies: 8
Views: 3212
Last post June 18, 2008, 05:57:20 PM
by Penguin45