Forum > Washer Repair

Maytag Dep. Care No Agitate

(1/2) > >>

CHolleman:
My maytag, model LAT9804AAE has a problem with the agitate cycle.  at first it started intermittently stopping and re-starting during the agitate cycle.  a cigarette lighter placed behind the knob (presumably to make better contact) temporarily fixed the problem.  now the agitate cycle does nothing at all.  the washer will fill just fine, and the timer will advanvce to the spin cycle, which it will and properly drain the clothes.  To the layman, all signs point to a timer issue, but I want to make sure before I start throwing money at it.  Electricity and electronics has never scared me
(it better not since it's part of my livelihood) so can anyone tell me which contacts i would need to test and what the proper values should be?  I have yet to crack open the cover.  

AJ:
Hi,

Can you hear the lid switch click on and off as you open and close the lid?

That washer has two lid switchs. Even if you can hear a switch click on and off as you open and close the lid you should check both with a meter.

There is also a fuse (#10) in the lid switch assemby.
I would check the two lids switchs and the fuse with a ohm meter first.

If they are ok then we can dig into the timer. :)

Here is the service manual for the Maytag dependable care washers.

Service Manual

Let us know what you find.

CHolleman:
thanks AJ.  i can definately hear the lid switch click.  i found the service manual and i think i read something that said the lid must be shut for both spin and agitate.  if i'm getting a spin cycle, wouldn't that rule out the switches or are they independent?  i will check the switches and fuse when i get home and let you know what i find.  Thanks!

AJ:

--- Quote ---if i'm getting a spin cycle, wouldn't that rule out the switches
--- End quote ---

Yes it would, sorry about that. :)

If it spins the lid switches and fuse are ok.

CHolleman:
alright so how 'bout that timer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version