Author Topic: Front interior felt drum seal for Samsung DV306LEW/xaa  (Read 1121 times)

Offline chiroone

• VIP Member
Front interior felt drum seal for Samsung DV306LEW/xaa
« on: July 17, 2014, 09:38:11 AM »
I have the Samsung dryer noted in subject line.  It seems there is a felt seal in the inside of the front of the drum.  some of it has separated from the drum and I need to replace it,  I do not see it as a separate part on a part schematic.  Anyone had any idea of a part number or if I can buy this part separately and hopefully not need to get the entire new drum?

Online LowSL2

• Technician
  • Fletch F. Fletch
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Front interior felt drum seal for Samsung DV306LEW/xaa
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 04:20:52 PM »
It looks like it comes with the drum only. If it's just coming off from the inside and there's no metal to metal contact you should be ok. Just cut off the piece that's separating.
LowSL2
15 Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience

Offline chiroone

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 08:37:57 PM »
It looks like only the edge of the gasket is torn, so I will just cut it as you suggest.  But I am wondering if one from another  dryer would be made to work?

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 07:06:12 AM »
This reply may be too late to help you but if you have the dryer with a stainless steel drum you may have another problem that you should look at while you can before it turns into a more serious item. I have the Maytag Neptune version of this dryer with the stainless steel drum. The drum is made from very thin material and has a weld seam that runs crossways across the drum and starts to crack at the outer edge after about 6 to 8 years of use. It eventually causes the drum to tear up the felt around the outside of the drum. In addition it will damage the rollers as the rough edge passes over them . It will also snag clothing on the inside when it gets bad enough that small pieces break out. I am in the middle of repairing this crack using JB epoxy and 2 small pieces of very thin aluminum sheet metal. The felt is not available so I am going to try and patch it . This repair is not as good as replacing the drum but thought I would try it and see if it works . The surfaces at the edge of the patched area will be smoothed out to minimize the bump when the drum passes over the rollers. This may not work if your drum is badly cracked but if caught in time will save a lot of repair cost and keep the dryer going a few more years. Photos will be available later if someone can use them. The weight of the material is not expected to cause the drum to wobble as it is very thin aluminum strip being used for the repair.

LER4634JQ0 how to attach Front Bearing Felt??

Started by Blue38

Replies: 1
Views: 1437
Last post March 04, 2010, 01:22:50 PM
by JWWebster
samsung front loader dryer

Started by pallanesfour

Replies: 3
Views: 4478
Last post June 16, 2011, 07:10:08 PM
by pallanesfour
Need Service Manual for Samsung DV306LEW/XAA - No Power