Author Topic: Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum Top Loader Direct Drive Creak During Agitate Cycle  (Read 4618 times)

Offline Clocker

• VIP Member
I think it should work now.  Forgot to publish it.

So I am learning more than I ever anticipated now.  I figured out how to put it in diagnostic mode.  With no laundry in it, there is no creak noise during agitating!   So I put a small load of laundry in on 'quick wash' to save time.  No creak now!  WTH!  I wonder if I did something when I removed the rotor and put it back on?   I did tighten the 4 stator bolts just a bit but they seemed pretty tight already.

Jury will be out until the next full load of laundry goes in I guess.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:27:33 PM by Clocker »

Offline youthatswhy

• Technician
Or it still could have been in the hangers..and by tipping washer they got re-positioned in the sockets.

I know your glad it may be fixed though....

I'm sure if it comes to it you can do the bearing job...lot great people here to help too.

Offline Clocker

• VIP Member
Or it still could have been in the hangers..and by tipping washer they got re-positioned in the sockets.

I know your glad it may be fixed though....

I'm sure if it comes to it you can do the bearing job...lot great people here to help too.

I just replaced the hangars so I was sure they're seated good.  But you never know.

Great community here for sure.  Thank you all so much for taking the time to give your opinions.

Offline Clocker

• VIP Member
I got to do a full laundry load yesterday and this is what it sounded like.  Seems normal?  I can't remember what it's supposed to sound like and am oversensitive to anything now.  I hear a little clunk upon reversing directions but I think that's just the lash/slop in the system that I showed in the previous video.  There's a little snaping noise in the background too but that seems to be intermittant and went away after a while. 

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:27:16 AM by Clocker »

Offline gregaguilar

• Technician
clocker I veiwed your post on the cabrio and to me it is the hub bearing up on the agi pt numer 280145 hope to have been of help

Offline gregaguilar

• Technician
After i read the first part on this i reversed my thinking that it is not the hub gears now it has to be the suspension cups. Sorry about my first analysis

Offline gregaguilar

• Technician
Man clocker after i did the second posting i remembered you turning the stater by hand and hearing the nosise and i said man it cannot be the suspension system thats bad. I am going to keep track of your problem maybe some one got the solution

Offline Clocker

• VIP Member
greg-  I think you missed my reply with the video indicating that I think the problem is solved..  What do you think of how it sounds?

:thanks:

Offline keithvibe

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
what does the inside of the rotor where the splines mesh look like. There shouldn't be that much play. Is the stator bolts tight?

Online niobrara

• Technician
sounds like the rods replace them  :popcorn: Humm sound good to me on the second video. :welcome:

Offline Clocker

• VIP Member
what does the inside of the rotor where the splines mesh look like. There shouldn't be that much play. Is the stator bolts tight?

Yes... Statorbolts good and tight.   New agitator gears too.   Splines on the main shaft and inside the rotor looked good to me... No signs of damage I could see.   I think that's the whole drive system besides the motor ,  right?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:01:13 AM by Clocker »

Offline RAH52

• Technician
The new video sounds normal

Offline Clocker

• VIP Member

Repair Guide: Whirlpool Direct Drive Washer - No agitate or spin

Started by AJ

Replies: 13
Views: 28361
Last post January 02, 2009, 01:09:38 PM
by AJ