365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy!  ·  AppliancePartsPros.com
Washer Parts  ·  Dryer Parts  ·  Refrigerator Parts  ·  Dishwasher Parts  ·  Range & Oven Parts  ·  All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LOL LOL At Service Plus. I don't see me using it.  (Read 252 times)

Offline nolazach

• Technician
LOL LOL At Service Plus. I don't see me using it.
« on: June 12, 2014, 02:40:27 PM »
  Okay.  SO I mentioned this before.  Let me give a better idea how this works.

First they cold call you, tell you they will only take 10% of jobs you do.  No mention of any restrictions.  No mention AT ALL of limits on parts or repair.

ALL the work is of the very newest machines.  But you can't spend more than $200 on a part.  With mark-up.  Oh yeah, your mark-up is limited to 10%, the same 10% that you will have taken from you.
At these prices, I can only see the desperate and not as good tech taking them,  Not to mention for me, all the jobs are at least 55 miles away so far.  (way too far)  My motto is, I will not cross a bridge longer than a mile to get to you and I will not go more than five miles on a two lane road.  (bordered by 12 mile bridge to west, 5 mile to East, 25 mile north, 22 mile northwest fishing communities to the south)

So on top of all the jobs being in BFE. The pay is just laugh out loud funny.  I mean.   I'm cheaper than most I found out, here and at the Samurai's place.  But not this cheap.   I would do, say a Thermal fuse for $70, or maybe a belt or something, or change a timer.  But diagnose and repair the most complicated of dishwahsers, washers and fridges for $70.  And you know it will take two trips for many of these.   When I did warranty work, my limits were much higher, I could order two parts and have them on the truck and bill for both, but now..  $70 - $200 parts limits.
Which is not unreasonable if I was doing bottom line or old appliances, but my service fee is higher than that.

Here are some examples.

Overview: (UNIT NOT HEATING PROPERLY) This order pays a flat rate of $70. If the repair is not needed due to user misunderstanding and/or no problem found then a $50 trip fee will apply. Provider is responsible for: Setting the appointment time with the Customer on the date already specified on the service order in a 2-hour time arrival window, calling the Customer the morning of the scheduled appointment and acquiring parts (if needed) for this repair. If you cannot speak directly to the Customer leave voicemail telling them the time you will be onsite. If the Customer does not respond continue to the service location on the date/time indicated on your voicemail. NOTE: Reimbursement for parts must be verified by receipt upload and cannot exceed cost plus 10%. If the sum of the part(s) exceeds $200 for home appliance or $300 for home electronics Provider MUST call Buyer (see Special Instructions after accepting order for name and number). This service includes: Diagnosis and repair of a ELECTRIC DRYER (MAYTAG MEDC300XW)that is under extended warranty. (1) Travel to customers home. (2) Arrive on site and call IVR to acknowledge arrival time. (3) Greet customer. (4) Examine product taking care to protect customers home and property. (5) Diagnose issue. (6) Explain problem to customer. (7) Install part(s) if required. ( 8) Test the product for proper performance. (9) Explain repair(s) to the customer. (10) Clean up any job related debris. (11) Dispose of all packaging and other materials. (12) Obtain customer signature. (13) Leave copy of service order with customer. (14) Call IVR to acknowledge departure. (15) Complete service order data entry within 24 hours of service visit. NOTE: DO NOT remove any equipment/product from the Customers location. If the Customer requests removal, you must call for approval

Overview (UNIT STOPS IN THE MIDDLE OF WASHING ) This order pays a flat rate of $70. If the repair is not needed due to user misunderstanding and/or no problem found then a $50 trip fee will apply. Provider is responsible for: Setting the appointment time with the Customer on the date already specified on the service order in a 2-hour time arrival window, calling the Customer the morning of the scheduled appointment and acquiring parts (if needed) for this repair. If you cannot speak directly to the Customer leave voicemail telling them the time you will be onsite. If the Customer does not respond continue to the service location on the date/time indicated on your voicemail. NOTE: Reimbursement for parts must be verified by receipt upload and cannot exceed cost plus 10%. If the sum of the part(s) exceeds $200 for home appliance or $300 for home electronics Provider MUST call Buyer (see Special Instructions after accepting order for name and number). This service includes: Diagnosis and repair of a DISHWASHER (SAMSUNG DW7933LRABB) that is under extended warranty. (1) Travel to customers home. (2) Arrive on site and call IVR to acknowledge arrival time. (3) Greet customer. (4) Examine product taking care to protect customers home and property. (5) Diagnose issue. (6) Explain problem to customer. (7) Install part(s) if required. ( 8) Test the product for proper performance. (9) Explain repair(s) to the customer. (10) Clean up any job related debris. (11) Dispose of all packaging and other materials. (12) Obtain customer signature. (13) Leave copy of service order with customer. (14) Call IVR to acknowledge departure. (15) Complete service order data entry within 24 hours of service visit. NOTE: DO NOT remove any equipment/product from the Customers location. If the Customer requests removal, you must call for approval
If I took any of these jobs, with two trips I would LOSE money in gas alone.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 02:50:59 PM by nolazach »

Online schleven

• Technician
    • www.katy-appliance-repair.com
Re: LOL LOL At Service Plus. I don't see me using it.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 07:57:55 PM »
LOL.
Thats ridiculous.
"It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it"

Offline LowSL2

• Technician
  • Fletch F. Fletch
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 09:10:14 AM »
That's insane. I have a guy leaving me voice mails with the same pitch. I wonder if it's the same company? He says that it's to run extended warranty calls for Lowes and Home Depot clients.
LowSL2
15 Years of Professional Appliance Repair Experience

Offline nolazach

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 03:08:01 PM »
probably.  I think they have no idea of regions.  All the jobs they are sending me are from the Baton Rouge area and I'm in NOLA.
   I would drive to BR for a big Thermidor, Gaggenau or Sub-zero job, but not for this. lol

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 02:23:35 AM »
You would have to be really desperate to take jobs like these.    are they kidding.    So,  you need a 70 dollar part - your cost,  can only mark up 77 dollars.     I can't imagine any good techs taking this deal,  plus all the time restrictions and bullshit involved.   
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Offline nolazach

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 07:37:43 AM »
Then after you mark up the part and make the other $70 for labor you have to give them back 10%

Offline Wedgeman55

• Technician
  • Man vs Appliance - Never give up, Never surrender
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 02:46:46 AM »
No thanks.   I'll pass FOREVER>
Commercial Laundry repair Tech and Installer  1973 to 1980
Service Manager / Technician Commercial Laundry repair company 1980 to 2002
Refrigeration - HVAC - Boiler School 1974-1976
Electronic School 1978-1979
Self Employed Appliance Repair Company 2002 to present

Offline ScottyMo1

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 06:54:58 AM »
That sounds good to me. But the reality is, for every three oven igniters, we get two gearcase jobs in tight little rooms. LOL.... ;D

Offline nolazach

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 09:45:55 AM »
or a washer that just needs a simple part swapped, but it has a dryer on top of it, and it's in a closet so small the frame of the doorway has to be taken apart to remove it.

Actually I just walked off that job.  No service fee or anything.  I looked at it..  Saw the error code, knew I had no all-dolly and said "f-it".

Offline wildimaginations

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 04:53:25 AM »
You know what you guys should do?

Go ahead and sign up with these companies and when they send you the work order, send the work order back because the pay is too little :tickedoff: , the mark up is too little :tickedoff: , the 10% fee is too much :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Reason: Your too busy with other work from other warranty companies and regular paying customers that pays better.  Please resubmit work order with higher labor fee and higher mark up allowances for reconsideration.  Thank you.

See what happens, eh??? :rofl: :2funny:
Appliance Service Technician
Authorized servicer on LG appliances.
About 45 mins east of San Francisco

New Service Manual Download System.

Started by AJ

Replies: 14
Views: 148
Last post March 17, 2008, 06:37:56 PM
by AJ
What brands do you service the most - warranty work?

Started by AJ

Replies: 3
Views: 102
Last post April 03, 2008, 08:59:47 PM
by BrntToast
Old Maytag Service Manual - OCR

Started by AJ

Replies: 4
Views: 68
Last post May 05, 2008, 12:53:37 PM
by AJ
new service truck